Taurus Tracker 44 mag - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus Tracker 44 mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have 9 Taurus revolvers and they all have worked perfectly and are very accurate. As with any revolver, you should check it out thoroughly before you buy it. I recently bought a 44 Tracker, but haven't had a chance to put any bullets on paper, but if it shoots anything like my 3-in barrel Model 441 in .44 Special, then it would be a great choice. I don't know how gun prices are in your area, but $459 seems very high, as in NIB price. I paid $350 for mine about a month ago and it it like new, case and all in the Dallas area (hence my user name ). Hope this helps.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2374 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 682

That was one of the things I was wondering about. I thought it was on the high side. Especially used.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #13

Default Taurus 44 mag

I bought one to use as a off road carry. It has been flawless with all ammo except very heavy (305 gr Buffalo Bore Ammo) which will flex things and cause it to hang up. Using 24/250 gr commerical ammo and even some hot hand loads in that weight range have worked well. Lite in weight and fitting a holster for a "K" frame whats not to like

Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #14

Being new here it is refreshing to see a friendly place! It is great that Taurus is not readily being dismissed as a lesser class gun. I have owned a 689 357. for 15 years. It is by far the most acurate gun I own and shoot. It is a 6 inch and it will shoot 3/4 inch rested groops at 25 yds and my old eyes make it worse. It handles wadcutters evey sat now going on 10 years and never had one glitch.
I know it isnt the 44 you asked about but I had to throw my worthless 2 cents in. So buy it and shoot it. It will serve you well. They aint pretty or big bucks but it will go bang every time.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Default taurus 44 mag

Just seen the discussion , and guess I can say something about the taurus 44 magnum. I own many handguns ,rifles , shotguns, The 44 tracker , while is not my favorite of all my guns, not that there is anything wrong with it,, NEVER had one problem, It is my favorite to shoot. It is very accuarate and ,to me , a lot of fun to shoot. My youngest daughter(95 lbs, 5ft) has shot all my guns and she likes the Tracker to shoot the best. I do CC it in the winter , in a paddle holster properly dressed. Weight is not a problem, or size. Im 6'3" 250 lbs. Not to be redundant , but I have guns I like better for different purposes. I love my Ruger mini 14 . But I love to shoot this 44mag Tracker.I believe too many people are too worried about recoil. Good strong grip usuall takes care of it.For me reaquiring target hasnt been a problem, the taget is usually gone after 1 shot. It can be carried nicely. I have to say ,I feel SAFER when carrying this gun than any I carry. I am agun lover

Sorry I got long winded