Taurus Taurus Taurus - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus Taurus Taurus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 198 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default The original and the replacement

I sent in a blued and agreed to take the stainless as a replacement
dscf5318.jpg   dscf6435.jpg  

Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like the stainless!

Old 09-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #13

I bought 200 cci minimags and fired them all.No misfires whatsoever.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default How long before shipped??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
Why must you be this way Taurus.I sent my Taurus 94 in to you to be repaired.It misfired way too much.You told me 8 days ago that you were replacing my blued finish for a stainless in which I agreed.You said 8 days ago that it would be out asap,so where is it?By the way,it has been 101 days since I dropped the gun off to my FFL to be shipped.I think this is way too long,not a reasonable period of time at all to honor your warranty,I talked to you once,you said a week till done,I called three weeks after that,you changed your mind and now you are replacing it,not fixing it but don't know when your Brazil shipments are coming in,you call me a couple of weeks after that to ask if a stainless one is ok.Now I wait and wait and don't trust what you tell me anymore.101 days is way too long to simply look at it and just send a new gun,now I wait,strapped for cash barely coming up with the money to get a new permit for the new gun your sending,and stressed about having to drive one way to be stared down by the cops when I ask for a permit,then have to drive way the other direction 3 towns over to pick up my gun.I am tired of this Taurus!
101 days IS too long! My ques. is how long did your FFL have your Taurus before it was shipped?? MI laws on permit per gun is NOT Taurus's fault either. How far you have to drive is Not Taurus's fault. What IS their fault, is that they mfg. a firearm that you had problems with. It seems to me that they tried to make it right by replacing it with a stainless model. I do not own a Taurus, but from what I see either you Love them/or you Hate them! I own COLT-S&W-Ruger+CZ, and NOT had any problems with any of them????

Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
101 days IS too long! My ques. is how long did your FFL have your Taurus before it was shipped?? MI laws on permit per gun is NOT Taurus's fault either. How far you have to drive is Not Taurus's fault. What IS their fault, is that they mfg. a firearm that you had problems with. It seems to me that they tried to make it right by replacing it with a stainless model. I do not own a Taurus, but from what I see either you Love them/or you Hate them! I own COLT-S&W-Ruger+CZ, and NOT had any problems with any of them????
I own S&W's, CZ, Colt, Ruger's, and several Taurus gandguns... never a single one back.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I think you made out like a damn thief in the night on the exchange deal. I would be very satisfied and grateful on that deal, I would run and never look back.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #17

Damn, I joined the board to ask what people knew about the Taurus. I've been looking at getting my first 9mm and the Taurus price was right, but I think I'll stick to a CZ, Beretta, or something along those lines. I've wanted a Walther since I was a kid, but not the way they're falling apart these days. Thanks for posting this thread.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #18

Liked 1436 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I own S&W's, CZ, Colt, Ruger's, and several Taurus gandguns... never a single one back.
Sooooooooo.........you're the one that gets all the good ones??

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I've had a couple of taurus's and never a problem. PT24/7 9mm stainless and pt111 stainless. Never a problem, but I sold the 24/7 because I was hungry.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #20

Default update on new gun

The new gun they replaced me with is great.I went through about 750 rounds before I got my very first misfire,and I restruck that round 2 more times with no success and moved on with no more misfires yet,so it wasn't the gun,it was the round.Also,the gun's point of aim is different.On my old gun I would align the sights level,and the bullet would hit on top of the front sight,but on my new gun,you have to completely cover the target with the front sight to hit it.It is a little annoying and there isn't much I can do seeing as the rear sight is all the way down now.At 50 yards I have to open both eyes and aim the top of the front sight about a foot high to hit the target.Overall though,I am pleased with the new gun.

Tags
taurus