Taurus Taurus Taurus
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus Taurus Taurus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Taurus Taurus Taurus

Why must you be this way Taurus.I sent my Taurus 94 in to you to be repaired.It misfired way too much.You told me 8 days ago that you were replacing my blued finish for a stainless in which I agreed.You said 8 days ago that it would be out asap,so where is it?By the way,it has been 101 days since I dropped the gun off to my FFL to be shipped.I think this is way too long,not a reasonable period of time at all to honor your warranty,I talked to you once,you said a week till done,I called three weeks after that,you changed your mind and now you are replacing it,not fixing it but don't know when your Brazil shipments are coming in,you call me a couple of weeks after that to ask if a stainless one is ok.Now I wait and wait and don't trust what you tell me anymore.101 days is way too long to simply look at it and just send a new gun,now I wait,strapped for cash barely coming up with the money to get a new permit for the new gun your sending,and stressed about having to drive one way to be stared down by the cops when I ask for a permit,then have to drive way the other direction 3 towns over to pick up my gun.I am tired of this Taurus!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

And this is exactly why I dumped my last Taurus 2 years ago and will not own another...

Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 PM   #3

I think they are pretty decent guns,I have a Rossi made by Taurus and it is a good gun,and the 94 seemed to be a nice well made revolver,it just wasn't striking hard enough,and the cylinder was locking.A gunsmith would have fixed it in one day i'm sure,but Taurus just opts to replace the gun and take 1/3rd of a year to do it in.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I think they are pretty decent guns,I have a Rossi made by Taurus and it is a good gun,and the 94 seemed to be a nice well made revolver,it just wasn't striking hard enough,and the cylinder was locking.A gunsmith would have fixed it in one day i'm sure,but Taurus just opts to replace the gun and take 1/3rd of a year to do it in.
Sounds like a great revolver.

I do own a pt111 9mm and have had no problems with it whatsoever though. It is nice and slim for carry (when I can), but I won't get another taurus.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Are you EVA going to acknowledge the problems you have had trying to retrofit that damn thing?!?!

Colt IS NOT the end all, beat all, in anything anymore.

Perhaps in some olden days when Cane was a pup, in short pants, but not today....

Colt is no more the leader in weapon technology than Barack is the Messiah...

*punching Cane in the junk*

And you know why!!

JD

Old 09-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #7

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Are you EVA going to acknowledge the problems you have had trying to retrofit that damn thing?!?!

Colt IS NOT the end all, beat all, in anything anymore.

Perhaps in some olden days when Cane was a pup, in short pants, but not today....

Colt is no more the leader in weapon technology than Barack is the Messiah...

*punching Cane in the junk*

And you know why!!

JD
At least it don't rust!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-02-2009, 05:13 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ninjatoth, I'm sorry that they are making you wait his long to get your gun back. I only own one Taurus revolver, and I haven't shot it much yet, so my experience with the company is rather limited.

What's clear to me, after reading a couple of stories like yours, is that I won't be using Taurus' warranty if something goes wrong with my Judge. If their customer support is so lacking in the US, I can only imagine how awful it probably is for a minor market like Argentina.

I'm glad my beater .22 is a Bersa. Their customer service is top notch, you just take your gun to their office and a gunsmith fixes it right then and there, no questions asked and free of charge.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #9

Default Got it

We called the FFL today,and they got the gun yesterday.Picked it up today.Took several hours to go to the one town for the permit and at least an hour filling out paperwork at the gunstore,since it's a totally new gun.Shoots great.I wrote my original post while my gun was in,but still,101 days is a long time.The upside is that I got the better stainless version for free and my gunshop charged me nothing to send it for me.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
At least it don't rust!
My Robar coated Rowland pistol won't rust either.

Come to think of it, I should see if they have any further interwebz deals going. You know, since I can have TWO pistols done in the time it takes you to get ONE done.....

Tags
taurus