Taurus pt24/7 pro vs. Taurus pt .38s(super) pistols - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus pt24/7 pro vs. Taurus pt .38s(super) pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Got a link to pics of what the heck you are talking about?

Old 07-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #12

No its not a revolver its a .38 super taurus pistol. Taurus PT.38s

Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #13

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Is it a revolver? 38 special??

38 special isn't hard to find.
He's talking about this: Taurus PT38 .38 super Stainless FS $393.00 SHIPS FREE

To the OP, there are so many questions about you that would need to be known before any good answer could be given.

Have you handled either gun? any gun?
Have you shot either gun? any gun?
Have you shot a .38? a 45? a polymer 45?

What are you looking for in a pistol?

Why are you limited to these 2 guns?

I could go on and on...

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 07-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #14

I handled the 24/7 n didnt like the feel of it as far as the quality then I saw the .38s and it looked more sturdy. Im looking for something mostly for home use but will become something to carry eventually. I was told the .38 cal is a hard cal to find ammo for but then told the opposite.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

No, you weren't. 38 super is what it is. The confusion started when you said .38 caliber, huge difference.

I'm going back to my original answer and leaving it at that. Neither.
Good luck.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2969 Times on 1712 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Brian is correct. Please re-read my answer and you will see that neither would be my choice.
Not knowing your experience level, it is hard to suggest a handgun.

What I believe a beginner should have is different that what others may think. Give up some info, and we will be glad to help.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #17

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You'll get much better responses here if you are forthcoming with details.

This really isn't a great place for "Which gun is better for me x or y?"

This is a great place for: "This is my experience level, this is what I am looking for, these are the guns I am considering, which one would you recommend and/or would you recommend something else?"

People will still indicate that choosing a gun is a personal thing and can't be done for you over the internet. However, if your goal is to educate yourself so that you can make the right decision for yourself, then you will find that information here.

I really want to understand why you are limited to the two guns? Is someone giving you one of the 2? Are you just trying to settle a bet?

I don't have a great deal of experience, however I did a ton of research in choosing my 1st gun. See here:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/my-going-saga-purchase-gun-43772/

I went with the Springfied Armory XD(M) 9mm, by the way.

As for your predicament, I'm with the consensus that I would get neither. I've only shot one Taurus (the Millenium) and it was far and away the worst shooting gun of the 10 that I shot. I literally had no idea where the bullet would hit the target at 7-10 yards (other than low).

There are Taurus fans who love their guns and have no issues whatsoever with them, so don't just go by what 3 people have said.

In my opinion, above all, you should shoot the gun you intend to buy. They're not all the same and different people shoot different guns differently.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 07-16-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #18

Thanks everyone for the advice...im a beginner never shot a gun before and im looking for a beginner gun. The reason im with Taurus period is my father has had several taurus guns and nevet had any problems with them.,he just bought the pt1911ss. So to clear things up im looking for a non expensive beginner gun

Old 07-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2969 Times on 1712 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

The .38Super is not a good round for inexperienced people.
The best to learn the basics on (and cheapest) is a single action revolver in .22lr.
You can not "spray and pray". It forces you to concentrate on the basics. Once the basics are mastered, then upgrade.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #20

Ok but otherwise the pt.38s is a decent gun?