taurus pt 145
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > taurus pt 145

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default taurus pt 145

Anybody have any experience with this pistol? Might have a deal on one, don't know if I really want it. The Lovely Mrs Freefall wants something lighter than her Officers ACP to pack around. Knowledgeable input would be much appreciated, if you just want to sound off about your own favourite pistol start your own thread. Thanks much.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #2

I had one several years back. It was not the "Pro" model. I never had any problems with it at all and it was reasonably accurate. It was also comfortable to shoot. I got the 1911 bug and traded it away.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #3

I had "light primer strikes" and FTE. problems with the one I had. I sent it back and it came back worse after keeping it about 3 months. I really liked the size and the feel of the gun, but the "service" sucked. Traded it for a LCP.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a Taurus Millennium Pro PT745C which is the single stack version of the 145. I bought it for 200$ used and it not only goes bang every time, it actually shoots pretty good if you can get by the long heavy DAO trigger pull. While it don't compare to my Para Ordnance LDA, it does everything I could expect out of it. It's my dedicated truck gun, with the polymer frame/stainless steel slide, maintainance is virtually 0 on it. I can recommend them if they are like mine.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #5

My wife and I have the PT140PRO and the PT145PRO, and they are excellent guns for the money. A lot of "bang for the buck" as it were, pun intended.

My wife used the .40 cal for her CCW class and did excellent with it, and I got her the .45 for Christmas. Both of them feed and fire well, even with cheap ammo, and the DAO trigger isn't too bad, much better than the S&W M&P polymer pistols.

I would say go for it if you found a good deal on one.