Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus PT 111

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus PT 111

I've had this gun for about 6 months. Other than my CCW course, I haven't shot it much. I took it to the range the other day and had major problems. It was clean and oiled when I took it... I shot 10 rounds through it fine. Although I do think I've knocked my sights off while carrying it. I put the second clip in and the second shot jammed. Emptied it and tried again. Third shot jammed. Took it apart, cleaned it and tried again. Five shots through and it jammed again!!! Errrrrrr!!!!! Any ideas??? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #2

First problem I see is you are using clips in a gun designed to use magazines.

Ok, all joking and scemantics aside, This is not the first time I've heard of a Taurus' sights moving or in a few cases, straight up coming off the gun during carry/firing.

Can you be more detailed about what is actually happening?

Is it failing to feed? Failing to fully eject? Failing to fire?

How is it jamming? Can you describe it?

Sometimes, grip/limp wristing can cause jams, as can over gripping.

More info please, as I would really like to help a fellow shooter better enjoy the sport.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I suggest you try different ammo first. Also, try to take the magazines apart to clean them. Be careful not to put the springs backward when you put the mags back together or your gun will jam like crazy.

Taurus has life time warranty on the guns they sold and they will cover the shipping cost for your gun in the 1st year to ship it back to them for repair. The turn-around time has been very good lately (less than 2 weeks in most cases). I suggest you give Taurus CS a call @ 1-800-327-3776 or 1-305-624-1115. If the gun needs to go back to Miami, Taurus will send the FedEx truck to your house to pick it up.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

A Taurus with a problem? Go figure!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
A Taurus with a problem? Go figure!
I tried my best to not say this myself!

But so many people swear by them! I'd maybe get one for the range, if the price was right, but I'd never stake my life on one. Just a personal preference though.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #6

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I tried my best to not say this myself!

But so many people swear by them! I'd maybe get one for the range, if the price was right, but I'd never stake my life on one. Just a personal preference though.
It must be exhausting for Taurus fans to continue defending a company that is obviously interested only in the customer's money.

Taurus will either change or parish.

If they are waiting for my cash, here's a hint; Taurus, don't hold your breath!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Had a pt111 mil pro 9mm myself. I sold it!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #8

Wow! Guess I bought the wrong one lol. As for jamming I mean it didn't feed all the way. Not a hang fire or misfire just didn't feed it. Took the clip out and tilted it back and the shell fell out. Yes lol I use a magazine. You giving a woman a hard time?
I tried two different brands of ammo. Not by choice but because I had only a few left of the first ammo I had bought. Thanks for all the feedback!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Since you bought the PT111 only 6 months, I believe it's the 3rd generation PT111 (3rd gen PT111 has the word MILLENNIUM on the lelf side of the slide and PT111 PRO on the right side). The 3rd gen Millennium Pro pistols are good ones. I own mostly Ruger's and Glock's but I also have a Taurus PT145 3rd gen which is similar to your PT111 but in .45 ACP. These small guns don't like limpwristing. They will jam easily when you limpwrist the gun. I suggest you call Taurus customer service to see what they say.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX45
Since you bought the PT111 only 6 months, I believe it's the 3rd generation PT111 (3rd gen PT111 has the word MILLENNIUM on the lelf side of the slide and PT111 PRO on the right side). The 3rd gen Millennium Pro pistols are good ones. I own mostly Ruger's and Glock's but I also have a Taurus PT145 3rd gen which is similar to your PT111 but in .45 ACP. These small guns don't like limpwristing. They will jam easily when you limpwrist the gun. I suggest you call Taurus customer service to see what they say.
Yes it does say millennium on it. Can you explain limpwristing? I mean I know what you mean, but how do I change it? I thought I was holding it right.