Taurus Pocket Gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus Pocket Gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus Pocket Gun?

I was in a Gun Shop looking at Kel-Tecs and the dealer said I might want to wait because Taurus is coming out with a 9 mm on the line and size of the Kel-Tec 380 and Ruger LCP. Has anyone else heard this Rumor?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

why not just get the ruger, there suspose to start shipping soon if ya cant find them now.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #3

Concerned about the 380 round. If they will make a 9mm in that size gun then I will jump on it.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #4

kahr already makes a 9mm in a size comparable to a kel-tec. i've also heard really good things about the ruger LCP. any of these would make a great back-up or deep consealment gun. i havn't heard about taurus's new piece. can't be bad.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default compact pocket auto

If you want the ultimate pocket auto,look to rohrbaugh for their tiny 9mm that only weighs 12.8 oz empty.

Last edited by stalkingbear; 06-29-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: bad link

Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Save your money and get a Kel-Tec PF-9, I currently see them selling for $275
I can't understand why people want a first generation, untested Ruger .380 when for less money you can buy a Kel-Tec that has been around for enough years for their patent rights to wear off and let Ruger take a whack at copying it. I don't know if you have seen the Total recall of Ruger's SR-9 gun, but something is wrong with a company that forgets to do a "drop test" on a new production gun.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #7

Historically speaking the smaller they make the 9mm, the more unreliable it seems to become. I'll agree that the Kahr steel frames are, about, the best; but I've, also, heard a lot of people complain about Kahr's fit and finish and nobody raves about the factory service.

The worst factory demo I've ever witnessed was put on by a Rohrbaugh factory representative. What a frigg 'in joke! An entire afternoon of one failure-to-feed after another! (Yeah, I know all about, 'changing the springs.')

Nobody got off more than 4 consecutive trouble-free shots before that little pistol jammed! I kept waiting for the factory rep to wrap it up and pull the gun from the crowd; but, he was truly tenacious! That guy just kept hanging in there while offering one excuse after another. When he finally held that little, 'jam-O-matic' out to me, I smiled and flashed my 100% trouble-free Beretta out of my left front pocket.

Why all the concern for a tiny 9mm? If you need to go to a pistol like this, you're going to be in close. Whether it's a 9mm or a 32 acp isn't going to matter. More important will be the ability to fire multiple shots as quickly and accurately as possible.

Besides at typical, 'mouse gun range' a good knife is often a better weapon! You can tie up an opponent's weapon hand and rip his diaphragm wide open in less than a second. A mouse gun might put a man down; but, a properly used 4" blade definitely will.

Anyway, Ruger seems to have a real winner on their hands with the LCP. The price is right; and, the thing works. Personally, I have absolutely no need to upgrade my Beretta, 'Alley Cat'; but, if I were going out, today, to buy another front pocket gun then it would definitely be the new Ruger.

(Comes with - not good, but - great factory service, too!)