Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Taurus Pocket Gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/taurus-pocket-gun-5155/)

RMBLON 06-25-2008 12:28 AM

Taurus Pocket Gun?

I was in a Gun Shop looking at Kel-Tecs and the dealer said I might want to wait because Taurus is coming out with a 9 mm on the line and size of the Kel-Tec 380 and Ruger LCP. Has anyone else heard this Rumor?

Righteous 06-25-2008 01:42 AM

why not just get the ruger, there suspose to start shipping soon if ya cant find them now.

RMBLON 06-25-2008 06:29 AM

Concerned about the 380 round. If they will make a 9mm in that size gun then I will jump on it.

coltm4 06-25-2008 09:01 PM

kahr already makes a 9mm in a size comparable to a kel-tec. i've also heard really good things about the ruger LCP. any of these would make a great back-up or deep consealment gun. i havn't heard about taurus's new piece. can't be bad.

stalkingbear 06-29-2008 09:57 PM

compact pocket auto

If you want the ultimate pocket auto,look to rohrbaugh for their tiny 9mm that only weighs 12.8 oz empty.

billdeserthills 07-25-2008 06:39 AM

Save your money and get a Kel-Tec PF-9, I currently see them selling for $275
I can't understand why people want a first generation, untested Ruger .380 when for less money you can buy a Kel-Tec that has been around for enough years for their patent rights to wear off and let Ruger take a whack at copying it. I don't know if you have seen the Total recall of Ruger's SR-9 gun, but something is wrong with a company that forgets to do a "drop test" on a new production gun.

G21.45 07-25-2008 01:01 PM

:rolleyes: Historically speaking the smaller they make the 9mm, the more unreliable it seems to become. I'll agree that the Kahr steel frames are, about, the best; but I've, also, heard a lot of people complain about Kahr's fit and finish and nobody raves about the factory service.

The worst factory demo I've ever witnessed was put on by a Rohrbaugh factory representative. What a frigg 'in joke! An entire afternoon of one failure-to-feed after another! (Yeah, I know all about, 'changing the springs.')

Nobody got off more than 4 consecutive trouble-free shots before that little pistol jammed! I kept waiting for the factory rep to wrap it up and pull the gun from the crowd; but, he was truly tenacious! That guy just kept hanging in there while offering one excuse after another. When he finally held that little, 'jam-O-matic' out to me, I smiled and flashed my 100% trouble-free Beretta out of my left front pocket.

Why all the concern for a tiny 9mm? If you need to go to a pistol like this, you're going to be in close. Whether it's a 9mm or a 32 acp isn't going to matter. More important will be the ability to fire multiple shots as quickly and accurately as possible.

Besides at typical, 'mouse gun range' a good knife is often a better weapon! You can tie up an opponent's weapon hand and rip his diaphragm wide open in less than a second. A mouse gun might put a man down; but, a properly used 4" blade definitely will.

Anyway, Ruger seems to have a real winner on their hands with the LCP. The price is right; and, the thing works. Personally, I have absolutely no need to upgrade my Beretta, 'Alley Cat'; but, if I were going out, today, to buy another front pocket gun then it would definitely be the new Ruger.

(Comes with - not good, but - great factory service, too!) ;)