Taurus M85 .38 Spec +P SS Revolver?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus M85 .38 Spec +P SS Revolver?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus M85 .38 Spec +P SS Revolver?

I am thinking about shooting up all of my .357 Mag ammo and trading my EAA Windicator with all six of my speedloaders towards a Stainless Steel Taurus M85 .38 Special +P 5 shot.

I would like to carry this in a pocket or as a ankle gun in tandem with either a Taurus PT145 or PT745 .45 ACP.

Anyone have or carry one of these?

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a spurless model and it always been reliable

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 08-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a Taurus Model 85T Titanium Blue ported that I will carry sometimes in an ankle holster. Even loaded the piece is very light. It has proven to be a reliable and accurate piece as well. The down side is that with the ported barrel, while it does significantly reduce recoil with +P loads, it’s report is loud. At night the flames from the ports may be as intimidating as the sound.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine