Taurus Judge issues - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus Judge issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 05:35 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Just wondering if anybody has issues with opening the cylinder of the Judge? Mine doesn't open smooth. If you push the release all the way the locking pin pushes into the cylinder and it won't release. I have to ease up on the release and then it will open.
The other issue is the guy next to me said that the lead shot was sheering off as it left the cylinder and entered the barrel. He said he could feel it hitting his face. I was at a station next to him at the range. Does anyone know if this is actually happening, or is it just the gas from the shell being expelled between the cylinder and the barrel?

Thanks!
I just had a disappointing day at the range with my new 3" stainless Judge. After firing a few 3 inch shells the cylinder temporarily seized and, obviously then, the trigger would not pull or the hammer cock. It took a couple of minutes to get the cylinder free and then I was unable to eject the shells. After forcing them out with a rod the gun then, temporarily appeared fine. However, then firing just a few 2.5 inch shells the gun seized again. After unjamming this the gun appeared fine again. I then fired Five .45 cal rounds with no problems. After loading a different brand of 2.5 shotgun shells the gun seized again. This time it froze up while firing in double action. After fully pulling the trigger and watching the hammer go nearly completely back...nothing happened. The hammer would not release even with the trigger fully pulled. It was at this time I began to be very concerned about the integrity of the components and safety of the gun. It was truly unreliable for me. I've brought the gun back to the gun dealer, unjammed and in apparent working order, and it is supposedly being sent back to Taurus for examination. I'll post a followup to this when a determination has been made.