Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   taurus judge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/taurus-judge-16351/)

easterner123 07-31-2009 02:00 AM

taurus judge

Well gents, I have been wanting to get my hands on a handgun for some time and I think the taurus judge might be the one for me. First off, let me say I LOVE shotguns, and they are my favorite type of firearm. I am used to doing a lot of sporting clays and skeet, so this whole pistol thing is very new to me. I've shot a Smith and Wesson chief's special model something or other once and did pretty good. what are some pros and cons of the judge, and how awesome is it to have a pistol that shoots shotgun shells:cool: but is it effective?

Mark F 07-31-2009 02:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by easterner123 (Post 137295)
Well gents, I have been wanting to get my hands on a handgun for some time and I think the taurus judge might be the one for me. First off, let me say I LOVE shotguns, and they are my favorite type of firearm. I am used to doing a lot of sporting clays and skeet, so this whole pistol thing is very new to me. I've shot a Smith and Wesson chief's special model something or other once and did pretty good. what are some pros and cons of the judge, and how awesome is it to have a pistol that shoots shotgun shells:cool: but is it effective?

I have had my Taurus "Judge" for a little over a year and a half now. It shoots great! I've shot a couple thousand rounds through it and I much prefer 410's over 45 Colt ammo.Of all the shotgun shells I've shot, I have found that #4's are the best for close range oblitteration. They'll really make a mess of your target...

I changed my grips to Hogue monogrips, they are much better!

Mark F 07-31-2009 02:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the "JUDGE" does to a target at 15 feet... 5 rounds of #4 shot.

Shotgun Shooter 07-31-2009 02:34 AM

Damn. Thats pretty badass lol.
They look a little weird. But obviously, they will mess something up lol

S.S.

easterner123 07-31-2009 02:40 AM

wow. definetly loadin up the shotshells. thats some firepower right there. well, are there any other recommendations, like any good gun shops in new england where I can get one:cool:

Gojubrian 07-31-2009 02:55 AM

I just never liked the judge. Sure, it looks neat to shred paper and would make an excellent snake gun, but I question the stopping power of the .410.

dunerunner 07-31-2009 03:02 AM

4 rounds at 5 feet, and you would question stopping power? It is a Close Combat weapon, so don't get into a fire fight where the bad guy is more than 10 feet away.

easterner123 07-31-2009 03:07 AM

well I'm not looking for a really long range weapon, thats all I have at the moment. its either this or a centerfire rifle. the good thing about the judge is that it can be a .45, one of the most hard hitting pistol rounds ever made. besides, im not going to be carrying it (that would be illegal at the moment) so when I want a carry gun, its a 1911. this would just be a shooter, maybe a back up HD after a rem 870 w/ slugs and buckshot.

skullcrusher 07-31-2009 03:39 AM

They've tested the Judge pretty well. Shot and .410. I'd like to see the buckshot redone, imo.

The Box O' Truth - Ammo Penetration Testing

Gojubrian 07-31-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 137329)
4 rounds at 5 feet, and you would question stopping power? It is a Close Combat weapon, so don't get into a fire fight where the bad guy is more than 10 feet away.

I would hope not too, but I questions it still.

I'd be more convinced if more tests were dome. Perhaps the judge owners can help us out?

Shoot some dense stuff with .410 slugs and defensive rounds, then with a .40 or .45 defensive rounds. :)