Taurus International Manufacturing INC
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Taurus International Manufacturing INC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 177 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default Taurus International Manufacturing INC

I have a Taurus 94 .22.It was having some problems,alot of misfires,locking cylinder etc.Well,on May 23rd,I went to where I purchased the gun to have it shipped back to Taurus for them to honor their lifetime warranty.So I waited and waited,and eventually,46 days later,we called to see what was up.They said it would be done in a week to a week and a half,so today,26 days after we were told that,we called to see what was going on,and they said that I wasn't getting my gun back,and that they were giving me a new gun,and that it ships sometime in august.It's already been 72 days,and they say sometime this month?And how does that work anyways?I am registered to that serial number right?Do I have to get a new permit just to get the gun?Or can they somehow engrave a new gun with that number?I have no Idea how that works.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Several people have had problems with Taurus' customer service, they always seem to honour their warranty eventually.

About the serial number, I know some manufacturers just trash the deffective one and engrave the the serial number on a new one. I've seen it done at the Bersa factory when a friend had the slide on his Thunder .40 replaced. However, you should call Taurus and ask.

You mentioned the store where you bought the gun was handling the claim, if I were them I'd just give you a new revolver and then wait for the Taurus replacement. I've done that a few times at my store, the customers have always returned for another purchase.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like taurus and have owned several. I currently own a pt111 milenium pro 9mm. I got it before I read all these horror stories about taurus, hopefully i'll get rid of it before it jacks up,lol.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have several Taurus pistols, and so far I haven't needed any Warranty work. My Ruger Super Blackhawk needed work, and it was gone for 3 months. I don't think Taurus is any worse than Ruger... BUT I could be wrong about that.

My CZ, Colt, Smith & Wesson, and Tokarev pistols have never needed work, and probably never will.

Tags
taurus