Tampa gun show--yuck
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Tampa gun show--yuck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Tampa gun show--yuck

Don't know if anybody else took in the Tampa Gun SHow this past weekend, but as for me, that was the last time I will ever attend a SunCoast Gun SHow event.
First they charge $6 to park, which seems high for a public event. I thought my tax $$ paid for some of taking care of venue? $8 to get in and the line for tickets and getting in was L O N G too.

The air conditioning was either broken or was not on enough. Most of the vendors were even complaining (along with a LOT of sweaty customers). They said the venue did not turn on the A/C in time for it to cool down such a large area. It was HOT!

It was very crowded and felt packed in like a sardine. Was hard to move between tables and almost impossible to talk to vendors, certainly we all want to talk for the SHOW PRICES!

I looked forward to going, love gun shows and have been to this one many times...NO MORE for me!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjohns3 View Post
Don't know if anybody else took in the Tampa Gun SHow this past weekend, but as for me, that was the last time I will ever attend a SunCoast Gun SHow event.
First they charge $6 to park, which seems high for a public event. I thought my tax $$ paid for some of taking care of venue? $8 to get in and the line for tickets and getting in was L O N G too.

The air conditioning was either broken or was not on enough. Most of the vendors were even complaining (along with a LOT of sweaty customers). They said the venue did not turn on the A/C in time for it to cool down such a large area. It was HOT!

It was very crowded and felt packed in like a sardine. Was hard to move between tables and almost impossible to talk to vendors, certainly we all want to talk for the SHOW PRICES!

I looked forward to going, love gun shows and have been to this one many times...NO MORE for me!!

Suncoast gun shows suck! Your Tampa show sounds just like the War Memorial event in Ft. Lauderdale down to the sweaty crowds. The one in Ft. Myers is a tad better, but not worth the drive down from Tampa.

I'm going to try the Miami show at the fair grounds next time. Sounds like if it's a Suncoast, it will be a bummer too.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts

I pretty much gave up on gun shows. The largest "host" in GA is a fella named Eastman and it's a proven fact that he bans dealers that sell at reasonable prices. Same old stuff, high prices, and being gouged for admission & parking make them a no go for me...

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I used to love going to the gun shows in Ft. Myers and Ft. Lauderdale, but no more. They are a giant waste of time and money now. You used to be able to find "deals" there on stuff, but now it's jerky, beenie babies and cheap jewelry. Oh, and the actual gun stuff is overpriced crap. Everything you could want is available these days on the Internet for much less even considering the freight and handling.

Maybe I'm just old and jaded now days.