Talon Grips?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Talon Grips?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Talon Grips?

Anyone using Talon Grips on a xd9 sub compact? How does the grip feel with the talon compared to stock?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default Talon grip on XDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich671 View Post
Anyone using Talon Grips on a xd9 sub compact? How does the grip feel with the talon compared to stock?
The grip on my XDs is VERY aggressive, more so than the XD, I believe. I installed a Talon grip to "soften" the grip a little, which makes it more comfortable to shoot, without giving up any grip security. It's a pretty easy install, just take your time when trimming to size (if necessary). The only drawback is that you cannot change the backstrap, (if the XD has one?), so you want to be sure you have the size you want before installing. The instructions also say that it is a very easy removal when the time comes. I really love it, and IMO actually improves the look of the gun. In looking at the XD on their website, I'm pretty sure the Talon grip would improve to comfort and security of the grip. The XD was one of the guns that I looked at and considered buying, before choosing the XDs. Good luck!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #3

Liked 420 Times on 244 Posts

I suggest using the Brooks A-Grip. It would be perfect for this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-31-2015, 02:43 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 168 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Haven't specifically used them on an XD subcompact, but all my plastic guns wear them. Same as the poster above, I bought the first pair to make my XDs less aggressive. Liked them so much I bought them for the rest of my plastic.
JerrBear48 Likes This 
Old 04-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
RUT
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I was an avid Talon Grip user until I discovered Traction Grips. Much less $$, plus I find them to adhere better. YMMV

http://www.tractiongrips.com/

Old 04-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #6

Liked 96 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 40

As an alternative, I have the Hogue version with the finger cuts. I put it on my Sig 938. Makes that small gun much easier to handle.