Sword vs. Handgun - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sword vs. Handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
This should settle the question.

YouTube - Indiana Jones : Sword vs. Gun
In that scene there was supposed to be a huge, drawn-out fight scene but Harrison Ford was sick that day. They had hired like the world's best swordsman for the scene. George Lucas then decided that to make the scene as is (Indy quickly killing the swordsman). The swordsman was so offended he refused to do the scene...so some random guy (like a light guy with some sword experience) played the part in the movie. Apparently a lot of big scenes in big movies were Harrison Ford's "fault". Like when Leia tells Han she loves him, and he says "I know". That wasn't in the script. Anyway, fun fact!

Leathermarshemellow, if they're in a phonebooth...I think the guy on the outside with a Mossber 500 and a personal vendetta against them both would win. Just sayin'.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #42
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5670 Times on 2961 Posts
Likes Given: 375

in a phone booth??... depends on who has the bigger schwartz.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Snubnose revolvers are called Belly Guns for a reason. Don't leave home without it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

An old friend, at the time a commissioned warrant officer settled the knife vs sword "argument " several wars ago on a Pacific island. He came home, his pistol came home, he brought the sword home too.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #45
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I vote for the sword...for any bad guy I may meet, that is the wepon they should carry, I would prefer they carry a jousting spear but that would be asking too much, they are hard to find

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.