Survey
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Survey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Survey

I'm wondering how many of you out there keep a round chambered in your handguns at home? Yea or Nay? Just curious.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2010, 05:19 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Always....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Locked and loaded, I don't know about you guys but my boomsticks don't work without a cartridge in the chamber. Maybe mine are faulty.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:40 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

if it aint ready to go there is no point in taking it out of the safe. always one in the chamber.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:02 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

always, after all "All guns are loaded."

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yes, I always keep one in the chamber. It isn't any good if it isn't ready to fire.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-24-2010, 07:21 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Loaded I keep mine always ready. "Stop Mr Bad Guy while I load my gun."

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

A weapon that does not have a round in the chamber is not loaded. And an unloaded weapon can cause a lot of problems. Just understand that if something comes up and you need that weapon you will have much less time than you might think to deal with it. In a high stress situation you have a lot going on in your body as well as whatever is going on around you. Your weapon will serve you best if it is ready to do the job it was obtained for. And that also mean that you should be well trained in it's operation and safety. The weapon is an extension of yourself after all.

I have talked to a lot of "Israeli" carry people and most often it seems that they believe that they have plenty of time to rack a slide. This is not usually the case. I also have noticed that many of these people do not practice a lot. The hole idea of the "Israeli carry" come about from arming private citizens that did not have much if any training with the weapon they where supplied with. The easiest way to render a firearm safe is to not have it loaded. Then load the weapon when it is needed to be called upon. Well, that was the idea anyway. But imagine encountering an armed person that wishes to cause you harm. You bring your weapon into the picture and you are already at a disadvantage. I've seen tons of those youtube videos where they show you how to rack a slide all kinds of cool ways and it looks great. But there is no way to do that and not use time that you are giving someone that is the reason that you are bringing your weapon up because of. IK don't think anyone can bring up a weapon, rack the slide and obtain a sight picture faster than the speed of a bullet that is probably only moving about 10 yards. Outside of Hollywierd anyway.

Do yourself a great service. Learn your weapon to the point that you can use it without looking for it. Understand how to upholster it, bring it up to target, and fire to where you want that round to go. Muscle memory is very important, especially when you have no time to think and your heart is pounding in your ears. There is no safety better than training. And really the only think the unloaded chamber allows is for you to have access to a weapon that is not ready to do the job that you bought it for. If you can talk to someonethat has had to use their weapon to save their life or someone else's. Ask them just how much time it took for the entire situation to happen. I really do not know how anyone can have an unchambered weapon with them after stories like that.

Always be ready..And hope and pray you never have to rely on that training....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3104 Times on 1784 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

L & L is the only way to go. Plus I have more than one. (With no kids, it makes it easier to keep them available in different places)

She got mad at me when a little gun oil seeped into the wood of her grandfather's clock.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #10

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
She got mad at me when a little gun oil seeped into the wood of her grandfather's clock.
It's funny because it wasn't me.....this time

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson