Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Superman movies last resort question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/superman-movies-last-resort-question-36556/)

roachsquasher 01-07-2011 05:28 PM

Superman movies last resort question
 
Why is it in the old Superman movies, when the bad guys emptied their guns to no effect, they would throw their gun at the man of steel. Just a funny, interesting thought I had....

c3shooter 01-07-2011 06:18 PM

Better question yet- WHY did Superman duck when they threw the pistol? :p

orangello 01-07-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 417132)
Better question yet- WHY did Superman duck when they threw the pistol? :p

He didn't want to damage the innocent firearm perhaps?

HOSSFLY 01-08-2011 12:09 AM

He watched too many ole westerns? :confused:

canebrake 01-08-2011 12:12 AM

The script writer was a liberal?

freefall 01-08-2011 02:19 AM

because he knew the thrown pistol wasn't a blank?

bgeddes 01-08-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

WHY did Superman duck when they threw the pistol?
Superman knows the #1 rule of gun safety, they are all loaded.

Superman does not like to be 'muzzle washed' because of rule #1.

Ubergopher 01-08-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roachsquasher (Post 417108)
Why is it in the old Superman movies, when the bad guys emptied their guns to no effect, they would throw their gun at the man of steel. Just a funny, interesting thought I had....

Frustration. If I emptied my gun into someone and they just stood there. I'd probably consider throwing my gun at him too. THen running the **** away.

WDB 01-08-2011 08:08 AM

Even an empty firearm is a good defensive tool. Don't throw away a pistol when it is empty. It becomes a hammer. If you missed the threat when shooting at it and you have no more rounds, they are right there, your firearm is now a hammer and you beat them to earth or you pass.

The Verry next day you go to the range and work on center mass shooting until you get it done in two shots.

Just the way my mind works, throw it if you want to....then run!

HOSSFLY 01-08-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubergopher (Post 417612)
Frustration. If I emptied my gun into someone and they just stood there. I'd probably consider throwing my gun at him too. THen running the **** away.

Good point :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.