Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sundance Industries .22 Derringer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Sundance Industries .22 Derringer

Ok, so I was out on the town today, and I picked up a nice little Sundance .22 Derringer for $55.00. It's a little dirty, but otherwise in really good condition.

Anybody out here have any experience with these little guns? I ready to take it out and shoot it, because it just seems like a really fun gun to fire.

Since this is the first derringer I've ever owned, any newbie tips for me?

P.S. My first impressions since I've gotten it home are 1. I love the fact that it has a push button safety. 2. I like the full size trigger. 3. I also like the fact that it fires off both .22 LR rounds at the same time.

Can't wait to get it to the range to see how it holds up to the standard 7 yard pocket pistol test.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Since this is the first derringer I've ever owned, any newbie tips for me?
Get really close to the target.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

LOL.

Kinda figured on that one.........

Old 11-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #4

Make sure you get a CCW!

I got my first subcompact pistol before I got a CCW and I was wearing that sucker around the house to get comfy with it... next thing I knew I forgot I was carrying it and ready to head off to run errands with a gun in my pocket.

God forbid I got pulled over for something and catch a disqualifying charge for something like forgetfullness. We may think, "it's just a li'l .22!" but to the judge and jury it's still a horrible dangerous violent gun.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well, took it out to the range, and I have to say that this little gun is extremely fun to shoot.

I must make a correction. The pistol will not shoot both .22 rounds at once. I made a rookie assumption because of how the DAO hammer (covered) is set up. After thinking about it, I do like the fact that I discharge one round at a time. Better to have two shots, than one.

The little piece can shoot accurately up to about 10 yards (i.e. keeping the bullets within a 14 inch circle). After that it becomes hit and miss until you get to about 25 yards and you are lucky to hit anything past that...lol.

Had no problems with firing off rounds. I used Winchester Super X 36 grain .22LR Hollowpoints. There were a couple rounds that did not go off with the first hammer strike, but after I squeezed the trigger again, I coaxed the rounds to ignite. I blame that on the ammunition, and not the gun, because in the 250 rounds I put thru it today, I saw no "light strikes".

Bottom line for me is I think it's the best 55 dollars I spend on a cheap little firearm. Tons of fun, and I can put it to some good use as a little hiking pistol (load up some .22 buckshot rounds for snakes and other little critters). Plus, it makes for a good little last-ditch type defensive gun.