Stuck on my options - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Stuck on my options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
Ive got a friend that works in the gun industry. From what Ive gathered from him, the engineers and designers they employ have more experience with firearms than many of the knowledgeable people on this forum.

The biggest problem we have is idiots letting themselves get lazy. No I am not saying that Ive never had a brain fart in my life. But I have never had a brain fart when handling something that could kill someone.

Having the mentality that "its gonna happen" is IMHO a serious problem. It excuses idiotic behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Either you don't drive or you're not being completely honest with yourself. You know what I'm talking about. That one boneheaded stunt where the first thing you do is look around to see if a cop saw you? Yeah, that one.

Look, I'm not trying to come down on you, but people don't see cars as deadly weapons. They use them every day and nothing happens, so they get complacent. The same can be said for gun owners.
i think that Eturnsdale is trying to say that having that mentality, "it;s gonna happen" is wrong, and by having that mentality, you set yourself up for a future problem. here in turn comes what you call complacency, and i agree that being too complacent with anything is a formula for a problem also. so we have to train ourselves to not be complacent as well as not getting into a mentality of, "it's gonna happen" and accepting that as fact.

i think we need to remind ourselves of the 10 rules of gun safety everytime we handle a firearm and not slipping into a mentality that accidents are gonna happen and teaching ourselves not to be complacent around firearms or allowing others to do so either.

nothing is idiot-proof. give an idiot a steel ball bearing and a rubber mallet, and he will destroy both of them!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #32

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Look, I'm not trying to come down on you, but people don't see cars as deadly weapons. They use them every day and nothing happens, so they get complacent. The same can be said for gun owners.
Only ones who let themselves slip. Pay attention at all times when it counts and you cant screw up.

Yes Ive been in an accident while driving. Though it was unavoidable and fault was not placed on me. I am not perfect and would never pretend to be, but I don't know what you mean by the thing where ya look around for a cop.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
...but I don't know what you mean by the thing where ya look around for a cop.
Yeah. Me neither. <grin>

Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
nothing is idiot-proof. give an idiot a steel ball bearing and a rubber mallet, and he will destroy both of them!
Man, ain't that the truth. That fact gave me job security for 32 years. Illness was always a factor, but our superior breed of idiots kept me working.