Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Stuck on my options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stuck on my options

What's going on fellas I'm new to the gun scene and now I'm stuck personal first hand experience On these 2 hand guns are GREATLY APPRECIATED

M&p .40c vs G27.40
Name:  image-451107655.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  33.2 KB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #2

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Personally i wouldn't want a BLOCK

But it all comes down to what feels better in your hand, and which gun you shoot better with.

If you are making a cut and dry decision then i recommend the s&w m&p.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

You'll have to go try them see if there's a range that rents near you. It's rely preference I carried a glock for a while and did not like the grip width and grip angle also I was inaccurate with it I now switch off between my 1911 and my ruger sr9c with 17rd mag though i prefer the ruger got rid of the g 30 by the way

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #4

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

S&W

Glocks have no safeties, end of story.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #5

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Not a GLOCK fan. But anyway. '

The S&W 990L has fewer safeties than GLOCK does. For you to shoot a GLOCK you have to try to shoot it, or be an idiot.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
Not a GLOCK fan. But anyway. '

The S&W 990L has fewer safeties than GLOCK does. For you to shoot a GLOCK you have to try to shoot it, or be an idiot.
Didn't realize we were talking about the S&W 990L, wow how could I've missed that. What an idiot I am. Dang, guess you've got a great point there.

Should I include the few reported incidents of cops accidentally discharging their guns on and off duty? Wana take a guess at what they were? Come on. I am a Glock fan, taking them for what they are, but I will never forgive them for lack of manual safety.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 09-05-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Didn't realize we were talking about the S&W 990L, wow how could I've missed that. What an idiot I am. Dang, guess you've got a great point there.
You're right, just saying.

Quote:
Should I include the few reported incidents of cops accidentally discharging their guns on and off duty? Wana take a guess at what they were? Come on. I am a Glock fan, taking them for what they are, but I will never forgive them for lack of manual safety.
Please see my above comment. Cops can be idiots too. So can military, or civilians, or whatever. My brother was on his second day in Iraq for the second time, one of the gunners was clearing his M9 after coming back in the gate and shot my brother in the leg. Or the numerous accounts in the AD thread. Or the many people that have had NDs with any number of firearms, with and without thumb safeties.

Like I said, gotta be an idiot, even if its just for a second.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #8

Liked 404 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 34

A compact polymer .40 is not my idea of a good time, but to each their own. My vote would be for the Glock.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
Like I said, gotta be an idiot, even if its just for a second.
Which any of us can and have been at some point in even our recent history (including more than just guns).

Look, your comment was way too generalized and misleading to've had any validity here. My point was and always will be that a manual safety is that something extra which can help prevent such idiotic instances and avoid any unnecessary and unfortunate event from occuring.

Practice doesn't make perfect, because we are human beings, sadly, which have an innate inability to be so. Its purposeful negligence to ignore this fact and I only forgive people whose job it is to serve and protect us, by putting their lives on the line, that choose to carry such a weapon on them. Anyone else does so out of pure thoughtlessness and entitlement.

That said, I did make a major assumption here, as I don't believe OP said he/she was going to use this weapon for carry. So if I'm wrong there then I change my original vote, as the Glock rocks!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
Retired

Liked 2268 Times on 1357 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

I've always had trouble with the trigger guard on the Glock.
My trigger finger would "scrape" the bottom inside of the guard and make it uncomfortable after 50 rounds.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC