Striker fired pistols - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Striker fired pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

A stiker fired weapon is one of it's own. It's not a double action, it's not a single action, it's striker fired. I would compare it to single action in feel. NGIB covered it well.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The Taurus 24/7 Pro series (and maybe other Taurii) the trigger actually works as a true DA in that you can cock & fire the gun by trigger alone. Ditto on the P99 as the trigger reverts to true DA mode when it's decocked.

Most striker fired guns require at least a partial cycle of the slide to reset the striker. Most do not have to be cycled far enough to actually eject the round though and some require very little slide movement to accomplish this...
Good info, do you have expereince with either the 24/7 or the P99? If so I'd like to hear your thoughts (mainly trigger action/pull when decocked).

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Good info, do you have expereince with either the 24/7 or the P99? If so I'd like to hear your thoughts (mainly trigger action/pull when decocked).
Had one of each. The DA pull on both of them is very similar to the DA pull of a Sig. No longer have any DA/SA semi autos (other than my PPK) as I just don't shoot them as well as SA guns...

Last edited by NGIB; 10-07-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 AM   #14

The Springfield XD and XDM are single action only. You must rack the slide (or fire round) to set/reset the trigger.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammr View Post
The Springfield XD and XDM are single action only. You must rack the slide (or fire round) to set/reset the trigger.
I'm sorry but, no they are not. They are striker fired like a Glock. A single action semi auto would be a 1911 or High Point.

Single action autos needs the slide to cycle completely in order to cock. A striker fired weapon such as and XD does not. You can pull the slide back 1/2-3/4" and the trigger will reset.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #16

Likes Given: 1

Strikers are a system to their own, however individual designs will give the feel of either a single or double action. Glocks feel like traditional double actions yet are technically not as they cannot set and cock the striker after a failure to fire. I have a Savage 1917 which requires the slide to fully cycle in order to set the striker and has a short pull trigger like a 1911 (also has a cocking piece for second strikes or decocking). Taurus has a hybrid double action striker system which allows the trigger to reset and cock the striker after a failure to fire (second strike). So lets just call them Striker actions.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.