Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > striker fired pistol list

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,479
Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Default

Of that, the Jolly green giant's!!!!

__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
Have you looked at the Nambu? Besides a history it won the honor of being the most accurate pistol of all its contemporaries! Ammo is a little hard to find and expensive but isn't it all these days?
Ruger's .22's are striker fired and based on the Nambu. Probably the most popular competitive target pistol (with a bit of trigger work) and the best value in its class.
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chase127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Default

CZ makes a couple striker fired guns in 9mm but ye know they have kindof a love it or hate it reputation.Good luck

__________________
Chase127 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chase127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Default

There is a company called caracal that makes striker fired 9mm poly pistols in the U.A.E.no reviews just saw the add in G&A
Steyar makes some excellent striker fired pistols(bit expensive though)

__________________
Chase127 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chase127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock
Have you looked at the Nambu? Besides a history it won the honor of being the most accurate pistol of all its contemporaries! Ammo is a little hard to find and expensive but isn't it all these days?
Most accurate of its contemporaries wasn't difficult considering Japanese arms were mostly garbagevery collectable but i would never trust one with my life
__________________
Chase127 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #66
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,633
Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127
There is a company called caracal that makes striker fired 9mm poly pistols in the U.A.E.no reviews just saw the add in G&A
Steyar makes some excellent striker fired pistols(bit expensive though)
They issued a pretty wide recall.
__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127 View Post
Most accurate of its contemporaries wasn't difficult considering Japanese arms were mostly garbagevery collectable but i would never trust one with my life
Chase, I think you don't understand.

After the war the Allies found the Nambu was the most accurate of ALL handguns in WWII through extensive testing.
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chase127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

Chase, I think you don't understand.

After the war the Allies found the Nambu was the most accurate of ALL handguns in WWII through extensive testing.
Yes they were found to be very accurate but they were riddled with mechanical problems and since most japanese arms were made in "cottage industry" the reliability was far from outstanding they were just as likely to jam or explode as be accurate and reliable and dependable...and if you read that research carefully i believe you will find that those studies did not include america or the allies pistols since we already had all the info for all those.
__________________
Chase127 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,429
Liked 16795 Times on 9736 Posts
Likes Given: 43835

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Chase, I think you don't understand.

After the war the Allies found the Nambu was the most accurate of ALL handguns in WWII through extensive testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127 View Post
Yes they were found to be very accurate but they were riddled with mechanical problems and since most japanese arms were made in "cottage industry" the reliability was far from outstanding they were just as likely to jam or explode as be accurate and reliable and dependable...and if you read that research carefully i believe you will find that those studies did not include america or the allies pistols since we already had all the info for all those.
another point to consider is that most militaries believe the pistol to be a last resort weapon, not a primary battle weapon.

and most would trade off accuracy for reliability any day of the week.
__________________
CIA, FBI, NSA, GOP, ACLU, NIA, DOJ, DOD, FEMA, GOA, DOT, NASA, CDC, DARPA, DIA, NOAA, NRC, HUD, IRS, BLM, OSHA, EPA, SEC, SSA, TSA..........
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Sorry Chase, you clearly haven't read anything on the subject. You don't have a single accurate fact there. Not one. I thought you just didn't understand but that's something else.

__________________

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-24-2013 at 12:06 AM.
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock and the Striker Fired Pistol YankeeTactical-com Semi-Auto Handguns 6 11-24-2012 05:27 AM
Hammer vs Striker Fired ChiefWiggums General Handgun Discussion 6 04-26-2012 01:52 AM
Striker fired pistols Gojubrian General Handgun Discussion 15 10-14-2009 08:43 PM
Striker-fired Jam genie Semi-Auto Handguns 2 10-08-2008 03:56 AM
Striker Fired Handguns pacman General Handgun Discussion 1 07-11-2007 12:04 AM