striker fired pistol list - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > striker fired pistol list

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_over View Post
Gentlemen, thanks for all the input!

I think I've just about got it covered. Of note, I know there's uncertainty on some of the models (manufacturer's aren't always clear on their websites.). This is OK as it gives me a starting point - I'm not totally against DAO anyway though I'm not a fan of external safeties (except on my 1911).

OK, here's the 2nd recap:

Glock: all models striker fired
Springfield Armory: XD line (M, S)
S&W: M&P (SD, low cost model)
Ruger: LC9, SR series, LCP, DB9
FN: FNS
Walther: P990
Taurus PT 740, PT 709, TCP, 24/7, pro series
Beretta: BU9 Nano
Kahr
Nambu

Sig Sauer: P250 (DAO)
HK: no striker fired offerings (verified through customer service)
Walther PPQ!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #42

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36
What about the FN pistol? Nobody has mentioned it. Believe it's the FNS with the 's' meaning striker. FN makes a great product.
Indeed FN is one of the very best, quite high dollar as well, but damn well worth it!

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

jp_over Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #43

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

No, the LC9 is hammer fired. It's a hidden hammer, recessed into the polymer frame. I had one, trust me. Just look at one in the shop, the back is open and you can watch the hammer as you pull the trigger. Same with Sig. Sig does not make a striker fire. At least that I can recall.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't own an LC 9 but my brother in law does and I've shot it several times and had not noticed. Did notice it has quit a bit of recoil. Other than that its a pretty good ccw. The sig I recently saw at a local store for $429.99 and thought it was a good buy for a sig and only noticed it does not have an exposed hammer and assumed it was striker fired. It does look like a pretty good gun, food finish and feel.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #44

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I don't own an LC 9 but my brother in law does and I've shot it several times and had not noticed. Did notice it has quit a bit of recoil. Other than that its a pretty good ccw. The sig I recently saw at a local store for $429.99 and thought it was a good buy for a sig and only noticed it does not have an exposed hammer and assumed it was striker fired. It does look like a pretty good gun, food finish and feel.
Yeah, a lot of companies are going with that recessed hammer which very much looks striker fire like.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #45

Quote:

With all due respect if your talking about the Ruger LC9, it's a striker fired as is the Sig P250. So is the Taurus PT 740 and PT 709. The Ruger LCP and Taurus TCP are also striker fired.
With all due respect, the LCP that I am looking at right now is not and will never be striker fired.
It is sad to see people make statement as if they were fact instead of saying "I Think...."

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #46

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistered

With all due respect, the LCP that I am looking at right now is not and will never be striker fired.
It is sad to see people make statement as if they were fact instead of saying "I Think...."
If you would have taken the time to read a few replies above you'd notice I accepted my error. Regardless of wether the LC 9 is or isn't striker fired, it does not have an exposed hammer that can get stuck or caught in clothing when used as a ccw as you can see below.

image-3238198573.jpg

Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #47
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster

If you would have taken the time to read a few replies above you'd notice I accepted my error. Regardless of wether the LC 9 is or isn't striker fired, it does not have an exposed hammer that can get stuck or caught in clothing when used as a ccw as you can see below.
I disagree with you. That looks like an extremely low profile hammer that you couldn't get caught on anything whatsoever. I see a channel for the hammer but no hammer in that photo. You only see the hammer as the trigger gets pulled.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #48

Default LCP is Hammer fired

Quote:

Attachment 94178
Maybe I miss understand...I read where you had listed the LCP as striker fired. But you seem to be talking about the LC9 here. Both firearms are hammerfired.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistered View Post

He's cool, we got it straightened out. I can totally see why he'd think so.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post

I disagree with you. That looks like an extremely low profile hammer that you couldn't get caught on anything whatsoever. I see a channel for the hammer but no hammer in that photo. You only see the hammer as the trigger gets pulled.
I think you misread his statement. He said the same thing you are here, that there is NO exposed hammer to possibly get snagged.