"Straw"/gift purchases. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > "Straw"/gift purchases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5673 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

as an MP whenever i tossed omeone in the back of the patrol car in the silver cuffs i never spoke to them other than give directives for their safety such as watch your head as you get in etc. there is no requirement to read someone their rights unless your are interrogating them.

lots of folks do what your are doing just ramble on about what they did without any prompting. its all admissable in court as a voluntary utterance just as C3 says. on arrival at the pmo (provost marshall's office) we would read them their rights make them sign off that they understood or did not understand and fill out the arrest report with initial offense list and the key area: everything the person said on the way over.

often their own desire to yack was enough and i seldom had to appear as a witness arresting mp.

its not entrapment and doesnt violate any rights as long as the MPs did not respond or engage in conversation. pretty much the same in civilian police world.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #12

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
Hi, I'm very new here and I apologize for jumping into the group and asking for help before I have contributed anything meaningful to the forum. I have what may become a serious legal problem. I was convicted of a drug felony in 1985 and my father was a NC SBI agent at that time (nice, I know). I never did any jail or prison time and never had any other run ins with LE after that incident (learned my lesson). My father bought several firearms for me (handguns and long guns) after my probabtion period was over since I could not complete the yellow sheets required by BuuATF.
The problem now (after more than 25 years) ~ I sold one of the 45's that my father had purchased for me to my "father in law" (not knowing he had a felony record too). My "fil" was stopped and LE found the handgun. He reported to LE that he obtained the pistol from me and that a former SBI agent had purchased it for "both of us".
My question ~ the purchase of this handgun was in 1998 ; I'm not concerned about what happens to me, but can anyone comment on what may happen to my Dad ? He's on State and Federal retirement and I'm afraid he may lose this because of what has happened. FYI ~ this just happened last night ! (Friday July 15th).
If anyone can comment, your thoughts / experience and expertise would be GREATLY appreciated.
Number one - you and your father are guilty of violating a federal weapons law.
Both of you are common criminals and have no right whatsoever to own firearms.

Number two- it is forever ingrained on the interwebz.... your admission or being part of that crime.

The fact that the 4473 form that was filled out on the gun was destroyed in 2005, has little bearing now that you've typed your admission.

Better lawyer up.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Hi, I'm very new here and I apologize for jumping into the group and asking for help before I have contributed anything meaningful to the forum. I have what may become a serious legal problem.
Does anybody believe that load?

What an incredible story, confessed here.

"Old age and treachery will always defeat youth and skill." Old English Proverb

Old 07-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Macklin View Post
If the story is true, no one in this family should be allowed to vote or reproduce..

There ya go Jim.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Number one - you and your father are guilty of violating a federal weapons law.
Both of you are common criminals and have no right whatsoever to own firearms.

Number two- it is forever ingrained on the interwebz.... your admission or being part of that crime.

The fact that the 4473 form that was filled out on the gun was destroyed in 2005, has little bearing now that you've typed your admission.

Better lawyer up.
Thank you for the response.
By what you've written, the form 4473 is destroyed ~ so, there's no tracking this back to my father ?

Thanks again for the feedback ~ sorry for imposing.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #16

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Better lawyer up.
I tried to PM you but you've exceeded your limit. You might want to edit your quote of NWO, now that NWO edited his post.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
I tried to PM you but you've exceeded your limit. You might want to edit your quote of NWO, now that NWO edited his post.
I positively have zero intention of editing his quote. I quoted his entire post intentionally as to maintain a record of this criminal activity.

Anyone else on here should be ashamed of the activity of the OP. maybe I should do a printscreen in case some Wiley mod decides to edit my post for me.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Hi, I'm very new here and have enjoyed reading the posts ~ thanks for sharing !
tHe forum software maintains a copy of each edit. So you've only shielded your criminal activity from the users.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #19

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
I positively have zero intention of editing his quote. I quoted his entire post intentionally as to maintain a record of this criminal activity.

Anyone else on here should be ashamed of the activity of the OP. maybe I should do a printscreen in case some Wiley mod decides to edit my post for me.
Quoted text isn't exactly a reliable source of information considering you can manipulate it to make it look like the person says anything you want it to. A printscreen only adds more chances for things to be manipulated. Besides this is the internet where every other new person is Rambo or a former Seal.

If I were a mod, I would just delete this whole thread as it doesn't provide anything positive to the board in my opinion.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 AM   #20

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

woah woah woah....hang on here...OP refers to Original Poster or Creator of the Thread...that would be me....What the heck happened in here?

Quote: