stolen ruger blackhawk 44mag....also... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

stolen ruger blackhawk 44mag....also...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Condolences on the loss man.

From the crackheads i've known (pitiful people), the gun is probably at their favorite dealer's house and was exchanged for a piece of the rock. That was how things went with the crackheads & dealer in my old neighborhood in Memphis; the dealer was a part-time fence, basically.
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My brother in law had a 357 stolen from him which the police later recovered and returned to him,6 months later he was pulled over and the police saw his pistol in the car and ran the numbers and it came up stolen,he was arrested for possession of a stolen firearm. It took him over a year and much money to a lawyer before the charges were dropped. They had never taken his pistol off the stolen list,I guess it was the feds that dropped the ball on that one but caused my brother in law much grief and money.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #13
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigguns911 View Post
+10 on Robocop statements. In WA the gun would go into NCIC and then any state that might run it would have a hit on it. That is if the serial #'s are still on it. If the numbers have been taken off it would unlawful to have and therefore taken as evidence. Also when the gun is ran it will come back to the person the made the report, IE your dad.

In WA the pawn shops have to run the gun for stolen before selling it. But in most cases the shi!bag that took the gun will not sell it to a pawn. He will sell it to a second shi!bag that will do what he does with it. That is way in WA I can not charge a person for the theft of a the gun just possession of a stolen fire arm. Also the Police in most area do not have the man power to check each pawn shop for stolen items. Some time that happens but most likely it will not.

Just to get your hopes up, my brother had a Rem 870 stolen in the Seattle area. After several years the PD there found it on a drug sting. The gun was trash and my bro turned it over to the PD for destruction but it was found. Good luck
Robo did give the best advice. Several years back I had my car broken into and one of the items stolen was a radar detector I had recently purchased. With in a week or so the item was found at a local pawn shop because I had the serial number, all WA state pawn shops submit weekly reports of items tanken in including serial numbers and descriptions. If a firearm hits a pawn shop it will be checked if it is stolen.
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.