Stolen revolver, I think
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Stolen revolver, I think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default UPDATE Stolen revolver, I think

Ok, I don't know what to do here. Many of you will remember the post below:

Quote:
My original post: 05-07-2010 http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/economic-problems-hit-home-26918/

My sister comes up to me today, crying, and tells me that she is going to lose her house, can't make the monthly payment, and she has sold all her guns. I was shocked. I asked "why hasn't [insert her husband's name] paid the rent?" She tells me that he was fired three months ago in order for the company to cut costs. What's worse is that she sold her guns to a gun store that ripped her off. She got $850 total for: an IWI Jericho in .40 S&W, a Springfield XD tactical in 9mm, a Taurus model 85, a Taurus Model 608, and an EAA Witness Match 9mm.

I calmed her down and we talked for a while. I paid her morgage payment by phone, gave her $2,000, and my S&W m67 with some ammo for the house (they live in a shady area). Then I told her to wait at my house with my niece until she calmed down saying that "I didn't want her driving upset," while I was going to get dinner. Anyways, I went to her house and gave her husband a piece of my mind. I know it is not his fault for losing his job, but he should have [blanking] told me. He simply said he felt like less of a man and was embarressed. I yelled at him for letting his pride get in the way and he had to calm me down.

I talked with him a little and I think that were are ok. He was still kind of upset though. I am taking him to the career center in our area tomorrow to look for another job. IMO, There is no excuss for him not looking sooner. I mean waiting 3 months to even start looking, please!

I'll try to cut short my rant, so, I'll finish saying he and I picked up dinner and when back to my house for the night. They went home in the morning.

Again, sorry for the rant, but I have always been protective of my sister,
thanks for listening.
Anyways, I found a IWI Jericho in .40 S&W. It was my sister's favorite gun before our economy and her husband's idiocy lead to her selling all of her guns. Well, I was so excited that I bought it and drove right to her house. I asked to see my S&W m67-1 that I lent her. I was going to pretend that I was upset about the condition it was kept in and I was taking it back. And then only to reveal the Jericho.

Well, when I asked to see it she started crying. She said that her husband sold it a few weeks after I gave it to them. Now, I made sure to tell them that I was loaning them the weapon. I knew her husband's character so I specifically told him "I am loaning you this weapon it is not a gift, if I hear that you pawn it or anything I'll have you arrested."

My sister was begging me not to call the police. I don't know what to do.
He was at work and I just left....

What should I do?

What would you do?

I am just ... ugh ... there's not even a word...

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 05-06-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Update

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I would......I would......crap I don't know what I would do. This really sucks.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 05-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Id just let it go.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #4

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

i wouldnt be ''loaning'' either one any of my firearms....times get hard you got to do what you got to do....she sold her guns to keep her house,you gave her a gun to protect her house & whats in it...then husband sells your gun like the old saying goes...do it to me once,shame on you,do it to me twice,shame on me...if it was me i would take the firearm back just so incase it doesnt come up missing... & get her a big can of bear mace

but thats just me

Old 05-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Report the gun stolen. Get your sister out of that situation.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #6

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 790

I'd beat him, then get a bat and do it again. He's a POS. Then call the cops.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #7

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

that is good advice what dunerunner said....

unless he sold the firearm to a legit FFL dealer....you might have the PoePOE knocking on your door @ 3am in the morning,wanting to know why the firearm thats in your name showed up at a murder sene...just saying

Old 05-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Report it ASAP!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post

Bold emphasis added

i wouldnt be ''loaning'' either one any of my firearms....times get hard you got to do what you got to do....she sold her guns to keep her house,you gave her a gun to protect her house & whats in it...then husband sells your gun like the old saying goes...do it to me once,shame on you, do it to me twice,shame on me...if it was me i would take the firearm back just so incase it doesnt come up missing... & get her a big can of bear mace

but thats just me
I didn't give her the Jericho, I never even got to bring it up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Report the gun stolen. Get your sister out of that situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
that is good advice what dunerunner said....

unless he sold the firearm to a legit FFL dealer....you might have the PoePOE knocking on your door @ 3am in the morning,wanting to know why the firearm thats in your name showed up at a murder sene...just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
Report it ASAP!
He did sell it to a gun shop, I asked that. So, there is no chance that it will show up at a crime scene and then come back to haunt me. If I report it to the cops will my sister get in trouble?

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 05-06-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #10

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

mesinge2, unless your sister backs your assertion that the gun was loaned to her and her husband took it from her custody by theft, I think you're stuck. You may be able to go to the police and tell them the gun is missing from wherever you choose a location, but what happens if the gun turns up in a pawn shop and they have a record of your sister or B.I.L pawning it? Now you are in the middle.

If it was sold to a private party, here in Fla, sales are not recorded nor are guns registered in a private party sale. The buyer has every reason to believe the B.I.L was the owner and bought the gun.

mesinge2, IMO, you're action is a civil suit against your B.I.L. whether you want to pursue it would be up to you.

I know it's legal in Michigan to loan a gun to another person who holds a valid CPL, I'm not sure of that here in Fla. I'm heading out of town again but I'll check through some of the statute books I have when I get back. If it isn't legal, I'd be quiet and chalk it up to "shame on you".

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 05-06-2011 at 02:09 AM.