Stockpile. What your limit? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Stockpile. What your limit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly View Post
I was thinking what a good cut off point in my Gathering up 9mm and 22lr. In California if that matters.

What do you hold? And how long is it good for ?
Cut off point?? As much as you can afford? Store? Shoot in a lifetime? I don't think I'll ever reach a 'cut off' where I say to myself..."That's enough..."

What do I hold? Enough for the next range trip without having to go to the store...that's all I know about that...

How long is it good for? Store it in a cool, dry place and it'll last a lifetime...I inherited an old Remington 16ga from my Grandma. She kept her ammo in the original boxes, in the basement, in the sump pump room...very damp and humid down there...for nearly 50 years from the last time she hunted, and it all shot just fine...Not saying to do that but you don't need to overthink storing ammo... Just keep it dry...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #12

Liked 45 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Back before the war....

I had a couple of friends that worked somewhere that produces ammo, I have several cases of popular calibers, because of the shortage I learned a few cases isn't enough to keep shooting.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

If we ever do get to a SHTF situation I have no intention of going anywhere. I plan to hunker down right here and make my stand.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #14

Liked 942 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 1452

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
If we ever do get to a SHTF situation I have no intention of going anywhere. I plan to hunker down right here and make my stand.
Thats our plan too. Have 2 good wells, a river close by,chickens, stockpiled canned goods/rice/pasta/toilet paper,unlimited firewood, and enough redneck friends to stand guard 5 deep 24/7. I dont want to live on the run. Where am i going to run to, that i would be better off...?

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 08-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #15

Liked 493 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Thats our plan too. Have 2 good wells, a river close by,chickens, stockpiled canned goods/rice/pasta/toilet paper,unlimited firewood, and enough redneck friends to stand guard 5 deep 24/7. I dont want to live on the run. Where am i going to run to, that i would be better off...?
I'm going to run to my redneck brother-in-laws house.

If SHTF I think rural will be the place to be for awhile.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 08-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 229 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 465

@ string1946 nice ammo locker, also I noticed the Chock full o' nuts coffee cans! Glad too see more out there who enjoy that coffee, switched from foldgers and never looked back!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
@ string1946 nice ammo locker, also I noticed the Chock full o' nuts coffee cans! Glad too see more out there who enjoy that coffee, switched from foldgers and never looked back!
We have been using Chock Full o' Nuts for years. We like the 100% Colombian blend. Plus we like coffee that is strong enough to taste like real coffee.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

colmustard Likes This 
Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just can't see leaving my place that I know like the back of my hand and the people I have lived around for years. Plus I'll have plenty of friends show up to help keep a look out. I know you can't stock pile everything but you don't have to but kinda like the old joke about "I don't have to out run the bear. I just have to out run you." I don't have to stock pile everything. I just have to stock pile what I need to take what I need.

People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
I'm going to run to my redneck brother-in-laws house.

If SHTF I think rural will be the place to be for awhile.
Then thats where I would have most of my stuff.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #20

Liked 674 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

Default Limit ??? What's that ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
going to go and see what we have stockpiled, will report back. But it is tough to save it up when you have your own range, can just walk out back, and shoot anytime you want.
.... I ..... Am ..... Sooooo ..... Jealous !!!!!.......