Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Stickers on cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stickers on cases

I went ahead and bought the XD9 and MKIII4 the cases that came with have stickers all over. Should I take them off, leave them on?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

upto you man. are they bothering you that bad?

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-29-2008, 11:34 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I took mine off. I guess it was the whole "Minnie Pearl" thing. You need to post pics of your new kids.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just me personally but it would bug the hell out of me until they were off-but ONLY if you keep them in factory case. Most of the stickers are not needed if you have common sense and read the manual anyway. Of course all my firearms never see the case again after removing them the 1st time. The only reason to save them is in case you think you MAY decide to sell or trade them away in the future, or need the exact model/serial number, it would look better to have everything original.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

im with you stalkingbear once my babies leave the womb they free. only time i put them back in is if i sell

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Just me personally but it would bug the hell out of me until they were off-but ONLY if you keep them in factory case. Most of the stickers are not needed if you have common sense and read the manual anyway. Of course all my firearms never see the case again after removing them the 1st time. The only reason to save them is in case you think you MAY decide to sell or trade them away in the future, or need the exact model/serial number, it would look better to have everything original.
Exactly. I store the cases in their original condition, stickers and all. The guns reside in the safe. Should I ever want to sell any, the cases as originally received are always a good thing. I recently got a Colt commemorative that's over 30 years old. Not only was it in its wooden presentation case but even had the cardboard sleeve it was originally shipped in. To some, it doesn't matter but I prefer to have it. Personal preference, I guess.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...