Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Stay AWAY from the Sig Mosquito!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #31
AZL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erandyc View Post
Having five sigs, I can honestly say that this is the only one that I've had trouble with. They do "recomend" cci mini mags. Its almost like they built the gun, and that was the only ammo that they got to work. Kinda disappointing. But once you convince yourself to buy only cci minimags, you'll be "mostly" satisfied. Just wish hogue made a grip for it. I wluld like it more.
Yeah...Sig is one of those "Go To" pistols. You have a very high expectation that no matter which model you pick up, it will go BANG every time you pull the trigger.

I can honestly say that of all the Sig (centerfire) pistols I have owned and shot over the years...I can remember only 3 or 4 failures, and all seemed to be ammo-related. For some reason a Sig 220 did NOT like the old blue-tip Glasers....but would gobble everything else up like a fat girl at Krispy Kreme.

I'd have no problem carrying one of my Sigs as a defensive sidearm IF the LOOOOOOOOOOONG trigger reset could be overcome to my satisfaction. I have installed the short-trigger mod on all my cf Sigs, and it is still like a three day affair waiting for the reset. That being said....I would still carry one. I am just spoiled by the fast reset of the Glock, 1911, and M&P pistols.

I think when it boils right down to it...that is what was so disappointing...was the fact that a pistol with Sig on it was so daggum unreliable.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I just have one question... If the Mosquitos suck so bad, why are magazines $46 a piece? There has to be a demand for them at that price. Good grief...