SS embargo
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > SS embargo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SS embargo

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but are stores prejudiced against SS firearms? I just purchased a .357 Ruger GP100. I wanted it in stainless, and didn't particularly care about barrel length (I got a 6" if anyone was wondering) but after going to 6 different stores and only finding the blued version I just went to my "usual" shop and ordered exactly what I wanted. But I noticed it went beyond the GP, most shops had exactly ZERO stainless pistols anywhere, and if they did it was in the used case. What's up with that? I know it's a bit more expensive, but my findings suggest there is mimimal demand for stainless. To me it's the only way to go in a revolver. Am I the only one to think like this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2995 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

I am not sure, but the SS revolvers may not be on the shelves because they have been bought up. The only thing left is the blued guns.

I have 3 stainless Smiths and 5 blued. Some of mine were never available in SS, like the Model 28 and 58. I have always thought at Model 658 would be very cool.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I want a stainless S&W Model 29 with an 8" barrell so bad I can taste it.......now I just need to win the lottery and find one that isn't fetching an arm and a leg.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but are stores prejudiced against SS firearms? I just purchased a .357 Ruger GP100. I wanted it in stainless, and didn't particularly care about barrel length (I got a 6" if anyone was wondering) but after going to 6 different stores and only finding the blued version I just went to my "usual" shop and ordered exactly what I wanted. But I noticed it went beyond the GP, most shops had exactly ZERO stainless pistols anywhere, and if they did it was in the used case. What's up with that? I know it's a bit more expensive, but my findings suggest there is mimimal demand for stainless. To me it's the only way to go in a revolver. Am I the only one to think like this?
That must be a local thing in your area. Around me, it is difficult to find blued guns as most in the cases are SS. The only blued GP I've seen was the dolled-up, high polish version, otherwise, they are SS.