Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sr9c vs shield 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 59 Posts

Default Sr9c vs shield 9mm

Debating between the two have had the sr40c and loved it. I felt I wasn't a bullseye shooter with the fourty but was not meant to be, just sd gun. I was wondering about your experiences and/or opinions.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #2

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Debating between the two have had the sr40c and loved it. I felt I wasn't a bullseye shooter with the fourty but was not meant to be, just sd gun. I was wondering about your experiences and/or opinions.
I have the SR9C with crimson trace laser grip and it is dead on balls accurate ... Never had FTF, FTE, or any malfunctions in the past 2 years that I have owned it. It has been in my rotation of carry guns and will remain in my line up. Probably one of the better 9MM I carry and I would trust mine and my families life on it ...

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13
Just to throw something else at you. The M&P9c is just about the same size as the shield. There are utube videos that show these two side by side. I doubt anyone would notice the difference carrying either one. The 9c holds more rounds and has the interchangeable grip panels to size to your hand.

The 9c is what I carry and have had zero issues with . I would expect the shield to be the same.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #4

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I believe the Shield is going to be a little smaller and a little thinner than the SR9c.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinst

Just to throw something else at you. The M&P9c is just about the same size as the shield. There are utube videos that show these two side by side. I doubt anyone would notice the difference carrying either one. The 9c holds more rounds and has the interchangeable grip panels to size to your hand.

The 9c is what I carry and have had zero issues with . I would expect the shield to be the same.
M&p trigger is god awful.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #6

Liked 212 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 15

First off are you looking for a pistol to concealed carry or just a shooter?? Then the latest version of the m&p some are saying has a new trigger in them. But don't over look the apex improvements to a M&P trigger ether. It can make a turd in to a diamond. My wifes apex equipped M&P9c has a very sweet 4lb trigger with a reset you can feel .

If all you want a softer shooter and think so highly of the ruger sr series pistols why not buy a 9mm version??

Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
First off are you looking for a pistol to concealed carry or just a shooter?? Then the latest version of the m&p some are saying has a new trigger in them. But don't over look the apex improvements to a M&P trigger ether. It can make a turd in to a diamond. My wifes apex equipped M&P9c has a very sweet 4lb trigger with a reset you can feel .

If all you want a softer shooter and think so highly of the ruger sr series pistols why not buy a 9mm version??
All good thoughts. I was basically going to say the same thing.

I own an M&P9c and I love it. The trigger isn't great while dry firing but it feels better when shooting.

And yes, supposedly the newly manufactured Shields come equipped with a better trigger.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

All good thoughts. I was basically going to say the same thing.

I own an M&P9c and I love it. The trigger isn't great while dry firing but it feels better when shooting.

And yes, supposedly the newly manufactured Shields come equipped with a better trigger.
That's what I hear. My uses will be carry and just target something enjoyable.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 228 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 28

They're both good enough guns. The only right answer, is to ask this question: How much do you value slimness in a carry gun?

I'm active, don't like wearing a ton of layers, thus I prefer a slim carry gun. So the XDs and Shield lines are right up my alley. If that wasn't such an issue, I'd consider the XDm compact, M&P sc, Ruger SRc, etc to be equally viable options. I'd have faith in the function of each of these guns (and Glocks too, for that matter). It really boils down to your desired fit.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
They're both good enough guns. The only right answer, is to ask this question: How much do you value slimness in a carry gun?

I'm active, don't like wearing a ton of layers, thus I prefer a slim carry gun. So the XDs and Shield lines are right up my alley. If that wasn't such an issue, I'd consider the XDm compact, M&P sc, Ruger SRc, etc to be equally viable options. I'd have faith in the function of each of these guns (and Glocks too, for that matter). It really boils down to your desired fit.
The difference between the shield and compact models is what? Less than 1/4 inch? I carry the compact in my IWB holder with shorts and a t- shirt all the time. My brother has a shield that I tried out. I cannot tell the difference. This is why I went with the 9c over the shield.

Just my 2 cents