Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Springfield XDM 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good Deal,
and Yes, you should clean & lubricate all moving parts before shooting.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
You should be fine as long as it is sold to you as NIB with all original SA warranties in place. Dry firing should not be an issue since many gun shops do not like customers pulling the trigger or excessively racking the slides anyway. Good luck with your purchase and hope you enjoy the new XDm. Also, since Bass Pro Shops do not have ranges, as far as I know, there should not have been any rounds put through it except for the factory test and casing marking.

The Bass Pro Shop by me has a range, but they don't rent guns.

Just an FYI

Old 06-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #13

Thanks, I'll clean it tonight then.

This Bass Pro Shop does not have a range. I inquired a bit deeper when I was there today and it has only been shot the once when they do it at the factory. I appreciate the help though guys, I feel alot better about the purchase.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:01 AM   #14

You should be just fine. Congrats on the SA, those are so cool looking.

Colt New Agent 45ACP Talo Limited Edition
Glock 23 Gen 3 40S&W
H&K USP Compact 40S&W

Old 07-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #15

I try not to buy display gun for the reasons: People like to rack the slide about a billion time to that creates wear on the gun, the gun getting dry fire is pretty common as well, and they are not treated very well. These are all my opinions and it maybe completely different where you are. But I see a lot of the same everywhere I go.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #16

Update- I took it to someone I know well that has shot handguns for decades and had him teach me how to clean it. Cleaned it real well and really just learned how to take care of it for the most part.
Took it to the range for the first time today. Shot 300 rounds through it. No issues at all. The longer I shot it the smoother it felt. It just seemed to load easier and the overall mechanics just seemed nice and smooth, no other way to put it I guess.
So I took it home and cleaned it on my own. The only thing that seems different now is that the magazine seems to not fit into place as easy nor popping it of the frame is as easy as before. Is it because I may not have used enough oil? Any ideas?

Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #17

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by wick060 View Post
Update- I took it to someone I know well that has shot handguns for decades and had him teach me how to clean it. Cleaned it real well and really just learned how to take care of it for the most part.
Took it to the range for the first time today. Shot 300 rounds through it. No issues at all. The longer I shot it the smoother it felt. It just seemed to load easier and the overall mechanics just seemed nice and smooth, no other way to put it I guess.
So I took it home and cleaned it on my own. The only thing that seems different now is that the magazine seems to not fit into place as easy nor popping it of the frame is as easy as before. Is it because I may not have used enough oil? Any ideas?
A fully loaded mag? XDs and I believe XDms are known for stiff mag springs that make loading and unloading a full mag a tad difficult, my XD 40 was a real bear to load at first. Try it with 1 round below capacity until it loosens up a bit or push up on the bottom of the mag before depressing the mag release.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington