Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Springfield XDM 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springfield XDM 9mm

Is there any problem with buying a gun that is on display? I bought my first handgun today. A Springfield XDM 9mm at a Bass Pro Shops. They didn't have any in the back, all they had was the display gun. It looked just fine and there was a trigger guard on it so it hasn't been dry fired a bunch of times. Should I be worried about anything?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You should be fine. I also think they have a good warranty policy. Congrats, there are some xd lovers here.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Obviously I'm new to gun ownership but I just want to make sure there aren't issues with buying a display gun.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 AM   #4

does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

It's the same gun as the others only it has been fondled by some people. There's nothing to worry about imo.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 AM   #6

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

You should be fine as long as it is sold to you as NIB with all original SA warranties in place. Dry firing should not be an issue since many gun shops do not like customers pulling the trigger or excessively racking the slides anyway. Good luck with your purchase and hope you enjoy the new XDm. Also, since Bass Pro Shops do not have ranges, as far as I know, there should not have been any rounds put through it except for the factory test and casing marking.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #7

Thanks for the reassuarance guys. I feel much better about this now. Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to the new gun.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wick060 View Post
does anyone else have an opinion on this?
Dude, I am a gun dealer, now when I go to do a gun show I bring hundreds of guns with me. Do you think Anyone who sells gun s can afford to pay full price to have hundreds of demo models sitting around? What else could I do with a demo gun, if it doesn't sell? Throw it in the trash?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Dude, I am a gun dealer, now when I go to do a gun show I bring hundreds of guns with me. Do you think Anyone who sells gun s can afford to pay full price to have hundreds of demo models sitting around? What else could I do with a demo gun, if it doesn't sell? Throw it in the trash?
Absolutely not!! Just send it to me at a 50% discount.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #10

Just picked it up guys! Pretty excited. Should I give this thing a good cleaning before I go shoot it?