Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Springfield Armory displaces Kel-Tec as my least favorite manufacturer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Springfield Armory displaces Kel-Tec as my least favorite manufacturer

Of course we are all aware of the SA recall of XDs handguns - part of life in the world of mechanical things. What should not be part of life is the support by the manufacturer. The day the recall on my .45 XDs came out, I got an RMA number from SA and immediately shipped the gun back. No acknowledgement of receipt. Strike 1.

A month out, I thought I would email them inquiring as to when I might hope to again see my firearm. It was sent early yesterday - no answer. Strike 2.

I decided to call them yesterday after not receiving a timely answer to my email and after tiring of waiting on the telephone, I chose the option of leaving a message. When I got to the message box, I was informed it was full, but that didn't stop the system from beeping me and seemingly allowing me to leave a message. I did so and as of a day plus later no answer. Strike 3.

Dear Springfield Armory, I have purchased my last firearm with your name on it and will sell my XDs if and when I ever see it again.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sad that it happens. I'll give your XDs a nice loving home. hehe

Old 09-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

You do realize there is probably over 20,000 other people doing the exact same thing daily. I'd stop answering the phone too and you can only send so many emails in a day.
Take a deep breath and give it time.
People have been waiting longer to receive their license renewals.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 09-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2231 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Pedal,

I have not been advised of a return date on mine either at this time although the did provide me with a tracking number when I shipped it. And checking the tracking number they gave me I was able to see the exact date it arrived at Springfield. I later sent an E-mail to them advising that I travel a lot and to be sure to call me in advance and advise when they were going to return it becuase it requires an adult signature. I received a phone call advising me they had noted it in on the return shipment and would call in advance. Also Springfield had received a great amount of the guns back on the recall and had redesigned the grip safety and another item that would correct the very rare occasion when anyone had a problem with the gun. They also commented "We hope this never happens again"! It is a nightmare! We are not accustomed to having to recall our product! Only my experience and I am also patiently waiting on my XDS 45 ACP's return. You must realize these pistols were sold all over the world! Can not imagine how many were out there?

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 09-27-2013 at 06:58 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I wonder if you would respond the same way if your vehicle was recalled to fix a safety feature. Springfield customer service has been wonderful for me and I am willing to give the chance to make things right with my 45. I own two other Springers as well and just ordered the xds 9mm today. Cut them a little slack and consider how many guns they have had shipped back to them in the past month.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #6

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i never had problems with both my keltech cant say the same thing about my walter p22 made my smith and wesson even my rohm works better

Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
You do realize there is probably over 20,000 other people doing the exact same thing daily. I'd stop answering the phone too and you can only send so many emails in a day. Take a deep breath and give it time. People have been waiting longer to receive their license renewals.
^ This, absolutely ^

OP, I think it is very unfair for you to completely write off the company just because they haven't been in great contact. They have simply too many people exactly like you who think the gun being gone for more than a week is unacceptable.

Be glad they stand by their firearms. Not every company does.

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
^ This, absolutely ^

OP, I think it is very unfair for you to completely write off the company just because they haven't been in great contact. They have simply too many people exactly like you who think the gun being gone for more than a week is unacceptable.

Be glad they stand by their firearms. Not every company does.

He does have a point. The OP says Springfield Armory has moved ahead of Kel Tec. I don't see how that could be possible. Kel Tec pistols should be accompanied by a part replacement schedule. I have had more failures with Kel Tec products than all other guns combined. Some people talk junk about Hi Point products. I own a bunch of them. None of them have failed. Haters are just jealous. The Hi Point is just as pretty as a Glock and it shoots just as well.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #9

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalmasher View Post
Of course we are all aware of the SA recall of XDs handguns - part of life in the world of mechanical things. What should not be part of life is the support by the manufacturer. The day the recall on my .45 XDs came out, I got an RMA number from SA and immediately shipped the gun back. No acknowledgement of receipt. Strike 1.

A month out, I thought I would email them inquiring as to when I might hope to again see my firearm. It was sent early yesterday - no answer. Strike 2.

I decided to call them yesterday after not receiving a timely answer to my email and after tiring of waiting on the telephone, I chose the option of leaving a message. When I got to the message box, I was informed it was full, but that didn't stop the system from beeping me and seemingly allowing me to leave a message. I did so and as of a day plus later no answer. Strike 3.

Dear Springfield Armory, I have purchased my last firearm with your name on it and will sell my XDs if and when I ever see it again.
Your expectations are not realistic. It can take a company 3 days to respond, and thats without a massive recall. You should have insured and obtained a tracking number when you sent it. With a massive logistical issue like this i would not be surprised if there was a 2 month minimum for turn-around. Remember they probably work on em in the order they receive, and there are a ton of people in front of you.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #10

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalmasher View Post

Guess they will be closing their doors now

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This