Springer 45 ACP Ultra Compact or 45 Colt Ruger Vaquero
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Springer 45 ACP Ultra Compact or 45 Colt Ruger Vaquero

View Poll Results: Which One?
.45 ACP 1911 Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact 6 75.00%
.45 LC Ruger Vaquero 2 25.00%
What else? 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Springer 45 ACP Ultra Compact or 45 Colt Ruger Vaquero

Which should I buy. I have no reason to have either one. I own a .357 Vaquero and I own a 45 ACP Colt Defender. I like the Springer because of the steel frame as compared to the Defender's aluminum frame (More weight = less recoil). The problem it that a buddy of mine is selling both for a song and I can't decided which to get. Honestly can't decide!

My thinking is the Vaquero would mostly be for range use but I'd carry the Springer more. The Vaquero would be more fun, but the Springer is more useful.

What to do, what to do?

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #2

Liked 699 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 719

Springfield! I thought you were talking the front end of a chopper!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
My thinking is the Vaquero would mostly be for range use but I'd carry the Springer more. The Vaquero would be more fun, but the Springer is more useful.
What to do, what to do?
You have already figured it out, my friend. The Springfield.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If you're going to carry it, go with the Springer. I love Vaquero's and prefer them over the Blackhawk's, but they are impractical for the most part.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I got permission from my buddy to tell you guys why he needed to sell some guns. Last week he got into an accident and broke his leg. He is going to miss some work and now he has no car.

Well, I thought he was selling some of his guns, but he was selling all of them. I was set to buy his Vaquero and the Springer but I couldn't leave him with no defensive gun, but he refuses to take a loan. So, we worked out a deal. I signed paperwork that I purchased his Springer for $500 and loaned it to him. When he can, he is going to "buy" it back and keep it. Also, I just bought the Vaquero. So without further story telling here's my new .45 Colt Vaquero:

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #6

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I prefer the Blackhawk over the Vaquero as I don't trust fixed sights on anything. I'd go for the 1911