Sometimes it is annoying - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sometimes it is annoying

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Wow. I'd love to engage in a healthy debate here, but somehow I have the feeling there isn't much hope.
When the tea cup is full you can't put anymore tea in it.
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 741512th View Post
As a Democrat, I have no problem with guns, as such. I have no objection to home defense, but (and this will anger many, I suppose) I think most Americans who think they need a carry gun are paranoid. I truly don't mean to insult anyone here (especially if they do carry guns ). (Yeah, yeah, yeah, when the time comes that I need it and don't have it I'll be sorry. If it happens I'll admit I was wrong. I calculate the odds of that being the same as Jessica Alba randomly dropping by for a booty call with me).
If you don't see your life as something that is worth protecting, then you can bet that I don't either.
__________________
DuckA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

You'll be sorry when the zombies come for you while you're out getting smoothie.................

__________________
"TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAVE."
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 139
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckA View Post
If you don't see your life as something that is worth protecting, then you can bet that I don't either.
I simply have a rational assessment of the risk. The argument that I don't value my life because I don't carry a gun at all times is specious.

I also happen to think your life is worth something despite a minor disagreement. If you're that worried about your safety, you should wear a helmet at all times. You are far more likely to slip and fall than be attacked by an armed assailant.
__________________
741512th is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

To each their own.

I fully believe in carrying concealed firearms. I've seen it many times where a lawful citizen carrying a firearm has stopped a criminal from murdering innocent people.

In my town, assaults, robberies, and violent crimes on general are at an extreme low, and has been for many, many years. The reason is because just about every single family has a least three guns (hunting is popular here), and most of the people here carry concealed. The only time something really bad happens is when somebody comes in from out of town, attempts to kill/rape someone, then gets their a** handed to them by a good ole boy or girl.

You can compare any state that does not allow carry conceal with any state that does allow carry conceal and you can see the figures themselves. Our nation's capital is the prime example.

If you don't want to carry, that fine with me. You are not obligated to do so. Please don't try to preach to someone that wants to carry.

Like I said, to each their own.

Please define your rational assessment of the risk. What tools are you using to make your assessment?

__________________
"TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAVE."
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

I don't personally feel the need to carry most of the time. That doesn't mean though, that someone else should dictate that to me.

__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lebanon,Ky
Posts: 3,621
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

You say fullauto weapons should not be sold to the public-I challenge you to show me examples where LEGAL registered fullauto firearms have been used in violent crime! Also you are SADLY wrong concerning our 2nd amendment right to keep & bear guns. It DOES indeed provide us with the RIGHT to possess them. And you are terribly wrong about people carrying concealed being paranoid-far better to be prepared than to be dead. YES, it does happen EVERY DAY where law abiding citizens carrying firearms does deter crime/save lives-educate yourself of the ACTUAL statistics. It's sad when well meaning people are misinformed to the degree they believe they're right.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 741512th View Post
I think most Americans who think they need a carry gun are paranoid. I truly don't mean to insult anyone here (especially if they do carry guns ). ([I]Yeah, yeah, yeah, when the time comes that I need it and don't have it I'll be sorry. If it happens I'll admit I was wrong.
I like the system in my state. Register for a background check with the local police department to buy a gun. Renew every year. Classes and another permit process to carry one concealed. I like the classes and permit process for that, but I don't like that it is legal. In my business I've run across three clients just this past year who were lunatics and also had concealed carry permits.

And, yes, auto weapons and assault rifle styles should not be sold to the public. However, the 1990s ten round magazine limit was stupid and pointless.

The NRA lucked out with the recent BS Supreme Court decision. I love owning guns, but I sure as hell don't have a Second Amendment right to one. My gun ownership has nothing to do with being a member of a well regulated militia needful for the security of the state. I have always thought the proper Constitutional argument for gun ownership should have been based on the Ninth Amendment, towit; Self defense with a gun until the police can arrive to take charge of the situation is a right which was not originally articulated by the Constitution because it was assumed and implied at the time the Constitution was written. However, it is a right that exists anyway.
__________________
stalkingbear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

As citizens, we should be able to legally posses anything that any governmental agency or police force can. If I can afford a Trident missile battery and want one in my back yard, there is no reason that I should be prohibited.

2A was written to equip us so that we could protect ourselves from governmental tyranny. We're only truly capable of defeating a force that we have the equipment to compete with.

__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
As citizens, we should be able to legally posses anything that any governmental agency or police force can. If I can afford a Trident missile battery and want one in my back yard, there is no reason that I should be prohibited.

2A was written to equip us so that we could protect ourselves from governmental tyranny. We're only truly capable of defeating a force that we have the equipment to compete with.
Quoted For Truth - Anyone that doesn't share that line of thinking probably ISN'T a true 2A Advocate.

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quoted For Truth - Anyone that doesn't share that line of thinking probably ISN'T a true 2A Advocate.
Dillinger,





cb
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes