Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Something to replace my PLR16 .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Something to replace my PLR16 .

Looking for some input . I just recently sold my Kel-Tech PLR16 . I wasn't happy with its performance . It was too finicky on ammo . Things my DPMS AR would eat the PLR didn't seem to want to cycle correctly . I am looking at a replacement .

Anyone who has some real time experience with any of these I would appreciate their thoughts . In the realm of possibilities are these . A Sig Sauer P556 SWAT , H&K USC 45 , FNH PS90 , FNH FS2000 and a Beretta CX4 Storm . I know there are some kooler guns I'd like , but these are the ones I can reasonably afford .. I can't throw out $3000/$4000 for a weapon ..

I like the H&K best and own a couple H&K pistols , but think perhaps in the long run it would be costlier to have with buying mags and adding a couple picatanny (spelling) rails . I like the Sig P556 , but did see a couple poor reviews on performance . The CX4 Storm I know not much about and have had no experience with Beretta . I like the FNHs and lean more toward the FS2000 (though I have do have plans to buy a Five-seveN so the PS90 is in the ballpark) . The FNHs are the most expensive of the lot of course .

I have a thousand considerations . I want something that I will not question what it will do when I pull the trigger . Again , anyone who has fired any of these , and has some serious experience with , I'd like to hear their thoughts . I don't personally know anyone who has any of the guns I am looking at .
Thanks all , Victor

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

If it were me, I would get something different than what I already own. I like the FNH bullpups but the ammo for the PS90 is kinda pricey. So if you have a larger budget you can always go the FNH route and stock up on ammo. You need to have an LEO buddy buy a PS90 with their discount then put it up for sale and you can buy it from them. The LEO discount on the PS90 is insane.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.