Something I found, how true would you say this is?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Something I found, how true would you say this is?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Something I found, how true would you say this is?

Again, I'm new at firearms. I'm here to learn, not to be bashed or whatever. I was searching around for some pistol shooting tips and such, and ran across this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~potomac008/Pistol%20Wheel.htm

No idea whether or not to follow it. So, I'm asking you guys for your feedback.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Excellent tips for a newbie.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam99x View Post
Again, I'm new at firearms. I'm here to learn, not to be bashed or whatever. I was searching around for some pistol shooting tips and such, and ran across this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~potomac008/Pistol%20Wheel.htm

Hey you won't get "bashed" here, not that type of forum. Guys may argue, but its usually pretty benign so dont be afraid to throw something out here.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Read everything you can get ahold of, then attend a good shooting/ instructional course. Shooting instruction courses are WELL worth the money as certified instructors are teaching correct methods, if you just get somebody to show you to shoot, you MAY very well be taught bad or incorrect habits. After that, practice often and make SURE to keep correct form. DON'T even THINK about shooting without hearing/eye protection because if you shoot without it, it WILL ruin your hearing and make you flinch. Always use proper form/grip, trigger control, care of firearm, and sight alignment and you'll do fine. Shooting instructional DVDs will help too.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #5

Liked 1422 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam99x View Post
Most of us have it memorized, but I keep a copy in my range bag. If asked "what am I doing wrong" while at the range I hand the hit analyzer to them and say this will help.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Yep. For a RH shooter that is spot on "accurate". Keep in mind that you have to reverse it if you are LH.

JD

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Hey you won't get "bashed" here, not that type of forum. Guys may argue, but its usually pretty benign so dont be afraid to throw something out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Read everything you can get ahold of, then attend a good shooting/ instructional course. Shooting instruction courses are WELL worth the money as certified instructors are teaching correct methods, if you just get somebody to show you to shoot, you MAY very well be taught bad or incorrect habits. After that, practice often and make SURE to keep correct form. DON'T even THINK about shooting without hearing/eye protection because if you shoot without it, it WILL ruin your hearing and make you flinch. Always use proper form/grip, trigger control, care of firearm, and sight alignment and you'll do fine. Shooting instructional DVDs will help too.
Oh, yeah man. I've been reading it all. Grip, stance, practicing with your "weak hand", protection... Everything. Thanks for reminding me again, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Most of us have it memorized, but I keep a copy in my range bag. If asked "what am I doing wrong" while at the range I hand the hit analyzer to them and say this will help.
Haha, cool. I have that saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yep. For a RH shooter that is spot on "accurate". Keep in mind that you have to reverse it if you are LH.

JD
Yeah, It says that on the page somewhere. Great info now that I know it's accurate.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
The chart is good general info.

*Double plus good info from Stalking Bear. Get professional training before you develop bad habits. Avoid learning from your neighbor's second cousin Bubba, who used to be a corrections officer. Bad habits can be difficult to un-learn.

* "1984 Newspeak" lingo.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved