Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Something To Hide In Your Hand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Something To Hide In Your Hand?

Man.... Ya'll believe this? My wife said I can't get another gun until after the turn of the year. It's gonna kill me not to be able to keep a check in at the local pawn shops for the next four months. So, I figured I'll be patient through it and go get what the heck I want in January. I'm thinking that I'm giong to pick something in subcompact. Not like G26, but something along the lines of LCP. I need it to be something smaller than a wallet. I've thought alot about this new item over the last several months. Ijust don't know what I want. I'm hoping you can help me out. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with pistol or revolver. If it'll poke a hole when needed to, any caliber is fine with me. The NAA Mini .22lr/wmr revolver has gotten alot of attention from me. This gun will be on me at all time and I don't expect any good target abilities because "get off me" is the purpose. And no I'm going out and spending a small fortune on this, but I am willing to spend a little to get something worth having.

Thanking you in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #2

Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

I think the NAA in 22mag is a nice little gun. But I would not use one as a primary defense gun. Besides the fact that is is a 22 mag, I would be concerned about the ability to use a tiny single action gun in a panic situation. When the adrenalin kicks in fine motor skills go out the window.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Look at the KelTec P32. It is 32 ACP and looks just like the LCP. It looks that way because Ruger took the KelTec design. Nifty little pocket guns.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:12 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a Ruger LCP that stays in my pocket and can totally recommend them. Why pack a .22 or .32 when you can pack a .380? Also look at the Kahr PM40-not much bigger than the LCP but a lot more powerful. I'm thinking about getting 1 myself.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:40 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

As always, Bear had good advice there. I was just thinking about price and staying away from .22. Obviously, the .380 is a better defense round than both. For price, size and defense rounds, why not the Makarov?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2756 Times on 1597 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
As always, Bear had good advice there. I was just thinking about price and staying away from .22. Obviously, the .380 is a better defense round than both. For price, size and defense rounds, why not the Makarov?
Skull, What model of Makarov will be small like the LCP?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My buddy has a Kahr pm40 and he loves it.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6953 Times on 4184 Posts
Likes Given: 8362

Would this be considered too big? It's about an inch or so bigger than the LCP but it is a 9 mm luger. If I'm learning my lessons right, that's quite a bit more stopping power then a .38, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am very, VERY new and still have a lot to learn.

Ruger® SR9c™ Compact Centerfire Pistol Models

Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #9

Liked 307 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Also look at the Kahr PM40-not much bigger than the LCP but a lot more powerful. I'm thinking about getting 1 myself.
Lots of snap to them, (I've got a P40 Covert) so double taps won't be the norm - but you can tell you've just sent something substantial on it's way.

Love my pocket rocket!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Look at the KelTec P32. It is 32 ACP and looks just like the LCP. It looks that way because Ruger took the KelTec design. Nifty little pocket guns.
I second that, Even though i love my lcp. I can get mad fast follow-up shots with my p32. I like the 10 round mags too.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix