Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Something To Hide In Your Hand? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/something-hide-your-hand-30796/)

pumpkinball 08-24-2010 02:03 AM

Something To Hide In Your Hand?

Man.... Ya'll believe this? My wife said I can't get another gun until after the turn of the year. It's gonna kill me not to be able to keep a check in at the local pawn shops for the next four months. So, I figured I'll be patient through it and go get what the heck I want in January. I'm thinking that I'm giong to pick something in subcompact. Not like G26, but something along the lines of LCP. I need it to be something smaller than a wallet. I've thought alot about this new item over the last several months. Ijust don't know what I want. I'm hoping you can help me out. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with pistol or revolver. If it'll poke a hole when needed to, any caliber is fine with me. The NAA Mini .22lr/wmr revolver has gotten alot of attention from me. This gun will be on me at all time and I don't expect any good target abilities because "get off me" is the purpose. And no I'm going out and spending a small fortune on this, but I am willing to spend a little to get something worth having.

Thanking you in advance.

Rick1967 08-24-2010 02:50 AM

I think the NAA in 22mag is a nice little gun. But I would not use one as a primary defense gun. Besides the fact that is is a 22 mag, I would be concerned about the ability to use a tiny single action gun in a panic situation. When the adrenalin kicks in fine motor skills go out the window.

skullcrusher 08-24-2010 03:19 AM

Look at the KelTec P32. It is 32 ACP and looks just like the LCP. It looks that way because Ruger took the KelTec design. Nifty little pocket guns.

stalkingbear 08-24-2010 04:12 AM

I have a Ruger LCP that stays in my pocket and can totally recommend them. Why pack a .22 or .32 when you can pack a .380? Also look at the Kahr PM40-not much bigger than the LCP but a lot more powerful. I'm thinking about getting 1 myself.

skullcrusher 08-24-2010 04:40 AM

As always, Bear had good advice there. I was just thinking about price and staying away from .22. Obviously, the .380 is a better defense round than both. For price, size and defense rounds, why not the Makarov?

danf_fl 08-24-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 337368)
As always, Bear had good advice there. I was just thinking about price and staying away from .22. Obviously, the .380 is a better defense round than both. For price, size and defense rounds, why not the Makarov?

Skull, What model of Makarov will be small like the LCP?

Flat4sti 08-24-2010 01:53 PM

My buddy has a Kahr pm40 and he loves it.

winds-of-change 08-24-2010 03:36 PM

Would this be considered too big? It's about an inch or so bigger than the LCP but it is a 9 mm luger. If I'm learning my lessons right, that's quite a bit more stopping power then a .38, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am very, VERY new and still have a lot to learn.

Ruger® SR9c™ Compact Centerfire Pistol Models

Highpower 08-24-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 337362)
Also look at the Kahr PM40-not much bigger than the LCP but a lot more powerful. I'm thinking about getting 1 myself.

Lots of snap to them, (I've got a P40 Covert) so double taps won't be the norm - but you can tell you've just sent something substantial on it's way. :D

Love my pocket rocket!

Biohazurd 08-25-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 337339)
Look at the KelTec P32. It is 32 ACP and looks just like the LCP. It looks that way because Ruger took the KelTec design. Nifty little pocket guns.

I second that, Even though i love my lcp. I can get mad fast follow-up shots with my p32. I like the 10 round mags too.