So why is everyone still hoarding ammo???? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > So why is everyone still hoarding ammo????

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've been stocking up because of the Libertards in my state government - The People's Republic of New Jersey. The Assembly has already passed a bill now heading to the Senate that will require all ammo sales take place face-to-face. That means I will no longer be able to buy on the Internet and will be very limitted as to where I can buy. Thus, the price will go up and availability will go now. Buy while you still can is what me and many I know are doing.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I'm buying .44 mag ammo when I see it because someday, before they put a toe tag on me...I intend to find/own the Holy Grail 5" MIB Colt Anaconda and plan on shooting the heck out of....I haven't found it yet but, I've got the ammo ready!!

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 03-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #23

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
It is due in part to people buying it up and selling it again at a double triple price on places like gun broker.

If people would quit paying the inflated prices, it would go back to normal.
Really?
How much ammo is being made?
How much is being bought by the public and resold at three times the price?
How do you know people are buying lots of ammo for no reason at all, that legitimate higher demand isn't causing the lack of supply and too many dollars are chasing too few rounds and prices would come back down if people would just behave?

You make little sense. Demand exceeds supply tho I agree lack of supply pulls some demand, but it's for the same scary reasons people are buying guns and ammo in the first place. They do not trust the governments.

Laws are being passed bit by bit, everywhere, which only reduce the American peoples' rights. Colorado legislators are banning certain guns and magazines while they are also voting to give reduced in-state college tuition to illegal aliens.

Wake up people! There's a reason for all this...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=HockaLouis;1169268]Umm, didn't you answer your own question and pretty much debunk everyone else's rationalization that there's nothing to see here? Move along. Move along...

U need something to put in those 2.2 Million (a new record) December NICS-checked guns sold. 2 Million each month since I believe. Over-reaction? Not![/QUOTE

Two different topics genius. People are buying assualt weapons because they feel they might be harder or impossible to get one day. There will always be bullets to buy in the future, I have not heard any possible ban coming on 9mm or 45acp bullets. So my question was why stockpile bullets like 9mm and 45acp when they will never be banned. And filling the gov order does not hold water because we have been at war for a long time now. I am going to go out on a limb and guess you are a prepper or one of the crazies thinking the world is coming to an end sometime soon so I will just dismiss your remarks as having a "crazy moment". Good luck to you.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #25

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default Why?

Ammo pack rats, ammo squirrels, and ammo pigs hoard - they tell OTHERS not to hoard so they can themselves. They can never get what they consider enough. We have yet - again - allowed a bigoted, politically controlled mass media to scare us. This will eventually pass. In the meantime we ALL suffer at the hands of a few and media "PC" that runs amok. The media NEVER gets into the demographics or drug connection of firearm violence - never. The way firearms are macho advertised and sold only adds to the argument of the anti-firearm folks. We ALL are in part to blame -albeit some far more than others.

Last edited by johnr43; 03-09-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Why is he crazy for being prepared for things like this? Obviously he has ammo and you don't so who is smarter? Early bird gets the worm!

Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 112

[quote=eborden1122;1169760]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
Umm, didn't you answer your own question and pretty much debunk everyone else's rationalization that there's nothing to see here? Move along. Move along...

U need something to put in those 2.2 Million (a new record) December NICS-checked guns sold. 2 Million each month since I believe. Over-reaction? Not![/QUOTE

Two different topics genius. People are buying assualt weapons because they feel they might be harder or impossible to get one day. There will always be bullets to buy in the future, I have not heard any possible ban coming on 9mm or 45acp bullets. So my question was why stockpile bullets like 9mm and 45acp when they will never be banned. And filling the gov order does not hold water because we have been at war for a long time now. I am going to go out on a limb and guess you are a prepper or one of the crazies thinking the world is coming to an end sometime soon so I will just dismiss your remarks as having a "crazy moment". Good luck to you.

Sadly, I never thought I'd see a day you couldn't buy .22LR either but... that's happened. I think it'll be more of an issue of availability than a ban for a long time until folks get more relaxed on the issues of firearm/ammo panic. I've seen this many times before. Give it time and it'll fix.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Last edited by KimberFan; 03-09-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #28

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

[quote=eborden1122;1169760]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Umm, didn't you answer your own question and pretty much debunk everyone else's rationalization that there's nothing to see here? Move along. Move along...

So, it is just coincidental that there is a run on guns AND ammo? I must be the birdbrain 'casue I thought, I dunno, they might, somehow, be related, again. I can see you favor your left wing my ostrich friend. So men should act on what some dodo bird doesn't know!?

Look at South America -- can't buy "military calibers."
How about background checks for ammo?
Registering ammo? Japan -- they have surprise inspections to check the records that account for each of the 20 rounds of ammo you are allowed if you own a gun. You go to the police station to trade in brass with your logbook for replacement cartridges.
Only buying ammo for guns you have registered (been to a WalMart where they ask to see your pistol license to buy .45)?
How about limiting ownership to 200 primers, loaded or not? It's what Schumer proposed along with an Arsenal License for more.
How about higher taxes on ammo in general, ya know, for the kids!?
How about not being able to buy ammo through the mail (already the law in some places and just passed in NY State).
How about no personal sales of ammo? Couldn't possibly ever be a law, right? But it is!
How about banning certain types of bullets? Nah, that'd never happen. Do ostriches have black talons by the way!?
How about stopping imported ammo? No, that'd never happen either...

Oh, look, the party of the Left is laying another egg! Go sit on it and put your head back in the sand please...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-09-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentialPyro View Post
Why is he crazy for being prepared for things like this? Obviously he has ammo and you don't so who is smarter? Early bird gets the worm!

Being prepared for what?!?! There is nothing to prepare for. Why would you stockpile something that is not going to run out. I never said I did not have ammo to shoot. I have defensive ammo for every weapon I own. But to stockpile what I consider target/plinking ammo like WWB because of some make believe doomsday that is not coming is just ignorant.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #30

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentialPyro View Post
Prepared for what? Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. Eat your worms but you'd do well to leave IQ and a siege-mentality out out the equation. You only feed the hungry press.

Last edited by johnr43; 03-09-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Closed Thread