Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   So why is everyone still hoarding ammo???? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/so-why-everyone-still-hoarding-ammo-86102/)

eborden1122 03-08-2013 11:08 PM

So why is everyone still hoarding ammo????

I am just asking this question in general because it seems that allot of people are still buying and hoarding ammo like it is never going to be made anymore. Why all the hoarding? Am I missing something here? Why all the craziness over ammo? I cant even find 9mm or 45acp bullets for target practice.

bluez 03-08-2013 11:18 PM

People are over reacting.

I havent bought any ammo dring the craze just sold a few cases.

dragunovsks 03-09-2013 12:29 AM

I also havent bought any since sandy hook, i have a good supply already.

Olympus 03-09-2013 12:50 AM

I haven't bought any ammo either.

FrontierTCB 03-09-2013 12:55 AM

I would imagine after seeing empty shelves for a few months it is going to take a reasonable amount of time for people to calm down about ammo.

fa35jsf 03-09-2013 01:42 AM

Before sandy hook I would go out and shoot a box and then swing by the store after and buy 2 boxes. Now I go out and shoot a box and I am lucky to find a box of ammo later.

As far as the hoarding goes, I do know of at least one hoarder. Got a friend who has bought tens of thousands of rounds in the last two months and like 6 AR's.

If any sort of ban ever does come down the pipe, which I doubt it ever will, the civilian market is probably so saturated right now that we are stocked up enough.

eborden1122 03-09-2013 01:48 AM

Thats what amazes me the most. There is no threat that drastic anywhere in the US where someone would need to stockpile ammo and to continue to do so is almost borderline nutty. I agree with the other poster that there has defintely been an over-reaction. I am glad that the majority of the stores I have been to have a 3 box max purchase, if not some paranoid prepper would be buying the entire lot for a day that will never come.

GeneralPatton 03-09-2013 01:49 AM

I ain't hording sheet. As a matter of a fact, I've depleted quite a few rounds of my own lately.

HockaLouis 03-09-2013 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eborden1122 (Post 1169092)
...Why all the hoarding? Am I missing something here? Why all the craziness over ammo? I cant even find 9mm or 45acp bullets for target practice.

Umm, didn't you answer your own question and pretty much debunk everyone else's rationalization that there's nothing to see here? Move along. Move along...

U need something to put in those 2.2 Million (a new record) December NICS-checked guns sold. 2 Million each month since I believe. Over-reaction? Not!

purehavoc 03-09-2013 02:03 AM

The problem is not just the hoarders. When u have the government buying up billions of rounds straight from manufacturers
It creates a bit more of a shortage than just the hoarders because they are filling gov. Orders before its hitting the shelves.
Now saying that I'm still getting ammo from my dealer at regular prices but its taking him forever to get his orders.