So... What gun are you looking to buy next? - Page 75
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > So... What gun are you looking to buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #741
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando
I need a summer carry gun and am interested in the ruger lc9. Also thinking about another rifle too. Something semi auto in .308. I love my 580 series mini 14, so I'm thinking m1a. Gotta love that Garand action.
Good luck with obtaining the LC9. I have mine about a year & a half, and as MoHawk stated, I have little bad to say about it. Both the Wife & I are Ruger Fans. Some of my Experience: Use the pinky exts. on the 7 round mags. Get at least 2-9 rounders as well. I waited many months for mine but I understand now the Traffic flow of accessories has improved. I'm going to try out the grip glove. I have no plans to do a trigger job as i like the trigger(call me nuts), but i'm going to try out some Spring replacements. I have around 1200 rounds through mine, And I find mine has little issue with SD Ammo even though the manual says to avoid shooting too much "+P" ammo. I have a few different holsters: IWB with a DeSantis D9, Pocket carry with either the DeSantis Nemesis or tyhe Blackhawk#3, and I recently got a shoulder rig hand made by a local here. Going to consider the "neck" carry holster as well. Mine had "loose" seating on one of the original mags. My smith "fixed" the magazine release connector, but I have never had an unintentional dropped mag. I also find, coming from mostly SA/DA Guns, & 1911's, that it was easier to learn the Trigger Pull on the LC then some Larger DAO guns(took me a bit longer to get used to the SR trigger)...YMMV...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 11-08-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #742

Liked 432 Times on 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Good luck with obtaining the LC9. I have mine about a year & a half, and as MoHawk stated, I have little bad to say about it. Both the Wife & I are Ruger Fans. Some of my Experience: Use the pinky exts. on the 7 round mags. Get at least 2-9 rounders as well. I waited many months for mine but I understand now the Traffic flow of accessories has improved. I'm going to try out the grip glove. I have no plans to do a trigger job as i like the trigger(call me nuts), but i'm going to try out some Spring replacements. I have around 1200 rounds through mine, And I find mine has little issue with SD Ammo even though the manual says to avoid shooting too much "+P" ammo. I have a few different holsters: IWB with a DeSantis D9, Pocket carry with either the DeSantis Nemesis or tyhe Blackhawk#3, and I recently got a shoulder rig hand made by a local here. Going to consider the "neck" carry holster as well.
Mine had "loose" seating on one of the original mags. My smith "fixed" the magazine release connector, but I have never had an unintentional dropped mag. I also find, coming from mostly SA/DA Guns, that it was easier to learn the Trigger Pull on the LC then some Larger DAO guns(took me a bit longer to get used to the SR trigger)...YMMV...
Great info! Thanks man. Hoping to pick it up over the next few weeks.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #743

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando
Great info! Thanks man. Hoping to pick it up over the next few weeks.
No worries, my pleasure to pass on my experiences..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #744

I just got Sig 232, Walther PPK/S by S&W, Ruger GP100; looking at Kahr P380 or CW380 if they ever show up

Old 11-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoglocks
I just got Sig 232, Walther PPK/S by S&W, Ruger GP100; looking at Kahr P380 or CW380 if they ever show up
The SIG 232 had a Bad write up @ Gun Tests. The Kahr's are on delay from the Maker. check at their werbsite.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #746
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5123 Times on 1760 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
I dig those 238/938's! Very smooth....
We (Mrs 3T) and I have found both the 938 and 238 to be very reliable.

Yea I know Mz Green doesn't like the pink but Mz 3T does.

P238

P938

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #747
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

We (Mrs 3T) and I have found both the 938 and 238 to be very reliable.

Yea I know Mz Green doesn't like the pink but Mz 3T does.

P238

P938
How is the recoil on the 938 ? Do you carry it in condition one ? I almost bought the 238 because I read it was much easier on the hand than the LCP but I just didn't feel safe via condition one in my pocket n right next to family jewels.

IWB carry is another matter. My brother and I debate ad infinitum about SA vs DA. He is a LEO and is a firm believer in Murphy's Law when it comes to a safety on a gun. I am 1911 fan and a firm believer in "Know Thyself" - w training n muscle memory - a safety is not an issue and may even be an asset.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #748

You should look into the LC380, sized like the LC9 but with a slide that is easier to operate...

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #749

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Good luck with obtaining the LC9. I have mine about a year & a half, and as MoHawk stated, I have little bad to say about it. Both the Wife & I are Ruger Fans. Some of my Experience: Use the pinky exts. on the 7 round mags. Get at least 2-9 rounders as well. I waited many months for mine but I understand now the Traffic flow of accessories has improved. I'm going to try out the grip glove. I have no plans to do a trigger job as i like the trigger(call me nuts), but i'm going to try out some Spring replacements. I have around 1200 rounds through mine, And I find mine has little issue with SD Ammo even though the manual says to avoid shooting too much "+P" ammo. I have a few different holsters: IWB with a DeSantis D9, Pocket carry with either the DeSantis Nemesis or tyhe Blackhawk#3, and I recently got a shoulder rig hand made by a local here. Going to consider the "neck" carry holster as well. Mine had "loose" seating on one of the original mags. My smith "fixed" the magazine release connector, but I have never had an unintentional dropped mag. I also find, coming from mostly SA/DA Guns, & 1911's, that it was easier to learn the Trigger Pull on the LC then some Larger DAO guns(took me a bit longer to get used to the SR trigger)...YMMV...

+1

I have the 20lbs recoil springs in mine. Galloway Precision makes aftermarket parts for the LC9 and LC380. Their parts are very inexpensive.

I carry in a Keyhole Holsters IWB Kydex 95% of the time. SOmetimes I carry in a DeSantis tuck able, and occasionally I carry appendix in an Uncle Mike's.

Definitely use the Pinky extension. The gun comes with 1 magazine but two bases, the extended pinky grip and the flat base. I have yet to purchase extra magazines but plan to by the end of the year.

The trigger isn't bad, but I believe it could be better so I will be ordering the Galloway parts for it. Can't go wrong with a 50% reduction is pull and reset length for $50.

I have no where near as many rounds through mine as Dr. Football. I have had ZERO feed or ejection issues, then again I've only shot ball ammo through it. My next range outting, tomorrow if I'm lucky, I'll put 100+ rounds of hollow point through it to see how she operates.

There will be another LC9 or LC380 in my household come Christmas. WHich one depends on how Mama feels about the recoil. She is a novice.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #750

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
How is the recoil on the 938 ? Do you carry it in condition one ? I almost bought the 238 because I read it was much easier on the hand than the LCP but I just didn't feel safe via condition one in my pocket n right next to family jewels.

IWB carry is another matter. My brother and I debate ad infinitum about SA vs DA. He is a LEO and is a firm believer in Murphy's Law when it comes to a safety on a gun. I am 1911 fan and a firm believer in "Know Thyself" - w training n muscle memory - a safety is not an issue and may even be an asset.
i carry condition one all the time on my 238. I think its safe however i do know that mechanical safeties can and will fail but as of now mine is working fine i pocket carry it, hip carry, IWB carry all while condition one and i feel fine about it.
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence
  • TRUST
Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP - sold

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP - sold

Glock 23 Gen 3 .40 S&W

For reviews on various products check out my youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellfire198362

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php