So... What gun are you looking to buy next? - Page 49
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

So... What gun are you looking to buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #481
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Just been my experience owning both sir! Maybe your experience was different or would be different! I never had printing issues with either, I always carried mine in a pocket holster, which is widely suggested if you pocket carry a gun. And that was the big difference for me, I could pocket holster the LCP in about anything. But the 9 was just to uncomfortable inside a holster! In my pocket. Now I could understand how pocket carrying without a holster would be similar, but pocket holster? I would choose the smaller 380, if that's the way I decided to roll! Now the 9 was great on my hip but not in my pocket! That's just my experience and opinion.
:shrug: LC9 in a cheap wal mart Blackhawk pocket holster never feels uncomfortable to me. Everybody's different I guess. I know 3 other people who pocket carry LC9s in pocket holsters though. None would down size to an LCP.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #482

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

:shrug: LC9 in a cheap wal mart Blackhawk pocket holster never feels uncomfortable to me.
Have you owned and or carried the LCP?? Maybe you don't know how comfortable they are? No disrespect, but unless you have experienced both you really can't compare. If your happy and cozy carrying the 9 that's all that matters. There is enough of a size difference to notice the difference! Anyone that has owned both will tell u that. Many people are dead set against the 380 and carry the bigger 9 to feel better armed. But to say they both travel equally as comfortable is just not true. Even on the hip there is a difference, not enough to discourage, but there is a difference.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #483
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Have you owned and or carried the LCP?? Maybe you don't know how comfortable they are? No disrespect, but unless you have experienced both you really can't compare. If your happy and cozy carrying the 9 that's all that matters. There is enough of a size difference to notice the difference! Anyone that has owned both will tell u that. Many people are dead set against the 380 and carry the bigger 9 to feel better armed. But to say they both travel equally as comfortable is just not true. Even on the hip there is a difference, not enough to discourage, but there is a difference.
Yeah one of my buddies switched out with me for a day. Obviously the LCP was a little smaller but having a chunk of metal in my pocket was having a chunk of metal in my pocket. There was no room for anything else in the pocket with either gun(nothing else in the pocket during pocket carry is my rule anyway though.) Both rubbed my leg the same way. The LCP tugged on my pants a bit more and made my pocket feel a bit "fuller." Sacrificing to a cartridge that doesn't pass the FBI Penetration Standards so my pants didnt get tugged a little wasn't worth it to me.

This is getting too much like a debate. I'm done. Have the last word if you wish.

Back on topic: For my next purchase I am torn between a Saiga 12, an AR10 and some type of snub nosed .38 for the wife to carry. All different price points, all completely different types of weapons. So I have no clue how to choose.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #484
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Back on topic: For my next purchase I am torn between a Saiga 12, an AR10 and some type of snub nosed .38 for the wife to carry. All different price points, all completely different types of weapons. So I have no clue how to choose.
I would get the .38. It will prolly fill a more important void than the other two (wife's car gun).

Plus I'm a bit of a wheel gun guy. Love shotguns too of course. And rifles. And semi-auto handguns. Lol.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #485

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I would get the .38. It will prolly fill a more important void than the other two (wife's car gun).

Plus I'm a bit of a wheel gun guy. Love shotguns too of course. And rifles. And semi-auto handguns. Lol.
I picked up a charter arms 38 the other day!! Didn't buy it, just wanted to see how it felt!! That gun was the lightest gun I have ever held!! Every bit as light as a micro 380! It didn't feel real, if I would of had the money, I would of bought it for conversation piece, if nothing else! Recoil would probably be horribly bad.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #486
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:

I picked up a charter arms 38 the other day!! Didn't buy it, just wanted to see how it felt!! That gun was the lightest gun I have ever held!! Every bit as light as a micro 380! It didn't feel real, if I would of had the money, I would of bought it for conversation piece, if nothing else! Recoil would probably be horribly bad.
I imagine you're prolly right. But with enough practice and proper technique I believe it wouldn't be a big deal.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #487
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I imagine you're prolly right. But with enough practice and proper technique I believe it wouldn't be a big deal.
AMEN! I like your thinking JW! I think this sums up about 90% of shooter's problems with "larger" calibers. I once saw several 98(ish)lb females shoot great POST qualification scores with Glock 22s (chambered in .40 for you non-Glock fans).

They "couldnt do it" before. There were some tears involved and a lot of griping. But as female LEOs with office issued weapons its swim or sink unless they want to buy their own. (Which they usually don't at first due to lack of finances.)

After some good 1 on 1 practice sessions with firearms instructors they were shooting at the top of the class. Higher scores even than their similarly built classmates who were armed with S&W.38 revolvers.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.
JW357 Likes This 
Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #488
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 1727

A M57 TT if I can find one locally..................

Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #489

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Delta, if your wife already has a CCW, get a Saiga 12. Have fun and convert it yourself, have more fun and SBR it. They are only going up in price and availability is becoming less and less. I bought mine in 2010 for $450, last I checked a good deal was twice that for an unconverted one.

I run SureFire 12 round mags and can have 6 to 8 shucked shells in the air before the first hits the ground. I don't practice with it a lot and it's unconverted. I can't imagine what she could do with a conversion and me practicing. First time I shot her LEOs got called for automatic gun fire.

I was looking to get an XDs next, but after the recall I'm going to hold off. Maybe a G34(I think that's the 9mm version) for a dedicated HD pistol, right now my G19 does double duty for CC and HD.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #490

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

303, what's an M57 TT?

Newest Threads