So... What gun are you looking to buy next? - Page 48
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > So... What gun are you looking to buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #471
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2265 Times on 1244 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben

Maybe. The thing is I have a CC already (Glock 36) that suits me just fine for IWB carry. I was of thinking a pocketable CC would be a nice addition. Still, I can't argue that the LC9 would certainly get more use.
image-2988643479.jpg

LC9 vs LCP

The LC9 fits in the pocket of every pair of pants I own. It prints in skinny jeans, but so would an LCP.

LC9
Length 6.00 in (152 mm)
Width .9 in (23 mm)
Height 4.5 in (110 mm)

LCP
Length 5.16 in (131 mm)
Width .82 in (21 mm)
Height 3.6 in (91 mm)

Not telling you which to buy, just that LC9 is an excellent pocket carry pistol as well.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #472

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

LC9 vs LCP

The LC9 fits in the pocket of every pair of pants I own. It prints in skinny jeans, but so would an LCP.

LC9
Length 6.00 in (152 mm)
Width .9 in (23 mm)
Height 4.5 in (110 mm)

LCP
Length 5.16 in (131 mm)
Width .82 in (21 mm)
Height 3.6 in (91 mm)

Not telling you which to buy, just that LC9 is an excellent pocket carry pistol as well.
Owned them both! In my opinion, if your going to do, do it right(deep concealment) go with the LCP! The LC9 was a great little gun as well, but it never concealed to the depths of the smaller LCP! I use a Glock26 for everyday carry! I really don't have the need for both, so I'm shopping for a used LCP, my only real regret in gun ownership is letting the bug go!! So handy, even for beach days. -

Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #473

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:

LC9 vs LCP

LC9
Length 6.00 in (152 mm)
Width .9 in (23 mm)
Height 4.5 in (110 mm)

LCP
Length 5.16 in (131 mm)
Width .82 in (21 mm)
Height 3.6 in (91 mm)

I gave some thought to the LCP and it is certainly smaller and even easier to carry than the LC9. I'm somewhat reluctant about the .380 cartridge, though. While certainly far better than nothing I think it gives up a lot compared to the the street performance of the 9mm, its often more expensive and can be harder to find, and the minor logistical issue that I'd need to start "stocking" yet another chambering.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #474

Quote:

I gave some thought to the LCP and it is certainly smaller and even easier to carry than the LC9. I'm somewhat reluctant about the .380 cartridge, though. While certainly far better than nothing I think it gives up a lot compared to the the street performance of the 9mm, its often more expensive and can be harder to find, and the minor logistical issue that I'd need to start "stocking" yet another chambering.
Actually most ballistic test that I've seen and read about, the 380 FMJ 95G is pretty close to the 9mm FMJ! The 380 is a little lighter but a little more velocity! Now the HP 380 doesn't perform as well because the round expands and stops before reaching vital organs or Arteries! That's my understanding anyways! I'm a 9mm guy as well! But that little 380 was handy in a pinch! Never had an excuse not to carry, that's for sure.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Actually most ballistic test that I've seen and read about, the 380 FMJ 95G is pretty close to the 9mm FMJ! The 380 is a little lighter but a little more velocity! Now the HP 380 doesn't perform as well because the round expands and stops before reaching vital organs or Arteries! That's my understanding anyways! I'm a 9mm guy as well! But that little 380 was handy in a pinch! Never had an excuse not to carry, that's for sure.
And she shoots pretty darn good for such a small gun! No problem with center mass from 20 feet in with some practice. Ok I'm done promoting the LCP. Lol

Old 09-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #476
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Owned them both! In my opinion, if your going to do, do it right(deep concealment) go with the LCP! The LC9 was a great little gun as well, but it never concealed to the depths of the smaller LCP! I use a Glock26 for everyday carry! I really don't have the need for both, so I'm shopping for a used LCP, my only real regret in gun ownership is letting the bug go!! So handy, even for beach days. -
Quote:

I understand the caliber debate and with all the 380 fanboys around here I'd hesitate to see this thread turn into a caliber war. But I completely agree with mdauben in hesitating about the 380 cartridge. The 380 and 9mm are worlds apart. It's very simple, 9mm passes the FBI penetration standards. The .380 does not. I don't have a Ruger LCP because I would never carry one. Why should I when the Ruger LC9 already comfortably fits in all my pants pockets and has much better terminal ballistics?

If I couldn't comfortably carry an LC9 or manage 9mm recoil I might consider 380 (or a snub nose .38 ). But I can. So why downgrade?

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #477

Quote:

I understand the caliber debate and with all the 380 fanboys around here I'd hesitate to see this thread turn into a caliber war. But I completely agree with mdauben in hesitating about the 380 cartridge. The 380 and 9mm are worlds apart. It's very simple, 9mm passes the FBI penetration standards. The .380 does not. I don't have a Ruger LCP because I would never carry one. Why should I when the Ruger LC9 already comfortably fits in all my pants pockets and has much better terminal ballistics?

If I couldn't comfortably carry an LC9 or manage 9mm recoil I might consider 380 (or a snub nose .38 ). But I can. So why downgrade?
Strictly for convenience for me! There is enough of a size difference to own one if you have had the conveniences of owning one, if that makes sense. I got impatient and wanted the Glock but really didn't have the full 500 so I through in the 380! I wouldn't and didn't carry it everyday but they are convenient and handy to own if you can afford it.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #478
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Strictly for convenience for me! There is enough of a size difference to own one if you have had the conveniences of owning one, if that makes sense. I got impatient and wanted the Glock but really didn't have the full 500 so I through in the 380! I wouldn't and didn't carry it everyday but they are convenient and handy to own if you can afford it.
It doesn't make sense to me at all. The LC9 already comfortably fits into my pockets without printing (unless I'm wearing skinny jeans which they both print in). If the LC9 already fits comfortably, how is the LCP more convenient? Again I'm not trying to kick off a debate. I just genuinely don't understand. I've pocketed both. I can't tell a huge difference at all....

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #479

Quote:

It doesn't make sense to me at all. The LC9 already comfortably fits into my pockets without printing (unless I'm wearing skinny jeans which they both print in). If the LC9 already fits comfortably, how is the LCP more convenient? Again I'm not trying to kick off a debate. I just genuinely don't understand. I've pocketed both. I can't tell a huge difference at all....
Just been my experience owning both sir! Maybe your experience was different or would be different! I never had printing issues with either, I always carried mine in a pocket holster, which is widely suggested if you pocket carry a gun. And that was the big difference for me, I could pocket holster the LCP in about anything. But the 9 was just to uncomfortable inside a holster! In my pocket. Now I could understand how pocket carrying without a holster would be similar, but pocket holster? I would choose the smaller 380, if that's the way I decided to roll! Now the 9 was great on my hip but not in my pocket! That's just my experience and opinion.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #480

Quote:

Just been my experience owning both sir! Maybe your experience was different or would be different! I never had printing issues with either, I always carried mine in a pocket holster, which is widely suggested if you pocket carry a gun. And that was the big difference for me, I could pocket holster the LCP in about anything. But the 9 was just to uncomfortable inside a holster! In my pocket. Now I could understand how pocket carrying without a holster would be similar, but pocket holster? I would choose the smaller 380, if that's the way I decided to roll! Now the 9 was great on my hip but not in my pocket! That's just my experience and opinion.
I'm sure there are many who pocket carry the 9 and are fine with it! But if you have owned both, I'm sure that the 380 will be a more attractive option to most! Again the LC9 is a great little gun, very CC friendly but I wouldn't choose to carry it in my pocket with smaller reliable options out there.