So... What gun are you looking to buy next? - Page 42
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

So... What gun are you looking to buy next?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #411
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default

There's a CZ 75 P01 at the LGS that's calling my name.
Max-Q is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #412
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CardiacColt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,509
Liked 811 Times on 535 Posts

Default

I just picked this up today!!! i blame Canebrake and all the guys on the 1911 Forum for this.




image-2834004013.jpg
CardiacColt68 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #413
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cjn79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 44
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning

I have shot both the Mossberg 500 and the Remington 870, but prefer the Mossberg because of the safety selector location. It's more user friendly than the cross bolt IMHO.

With regard to the OP, I would love to get my hands on a Para Black Ops 14.45.
Mossberg's safety works better with the standard "hunting" style stock. I agree its a very nice when using it like this. Remington's safety is better for stocks with a pistol grip because of its location.
cjn79 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #414
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn79

Mossberg's safety works better with the standard "hunting" style stock. I agree its a very nice when using it like this. Remington's safety is better for stocks with a pistol grip because of its location.
I prefer the safety on the Remington regardless of the stock I'm using because I can manipulate it without taking my left hand off of the fore end or moving my finger too far away from the trigger. I've missed shots on a couple wood ducks and many a squirrel because I couldn't quite manipulate the Mossberg safety quick enough. With a Remington it's all right there by the trigger finger.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #415
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cjn79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 44
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

I prefer the safety on the Remington regardless of the stock I'm using because I can manipulate it without taking my left hand off of the fore end or moving my finger too far away from the trigger. I've missed shots on a couple wood ducks and many a squirrel because I couldn't quite manipulate the Mossberg safety quick enough. With a Remington it's all right there by the trigger finger.
I don't mind Remington's safety. I own two 870's 12 & 20ga. I prefer the Remington shotguns over the mossberg shotguns. I just like mossbergs safety. Seems quicker to me with just a flip of the thumb on the hunting style stocks. I've never had remove my left hand from the fore end to manipulate it. I prefer Remingtons because they seems like a more solid shotgun. Not so many jiggling parts and I have never had a failure to feed which happened on my Mossberg three friggin times on Mallards.
cjn79 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #416
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn79

I don't mind Remington's safety. I own two 870's 12 & 20ga. I prefer the Remington shotguns over the mossberg shotguns. I just like mossbergs safety. Seems quicker to me with just a flip of the thumb on the hunting style stocks. I've never had remove my left hand from the fore end to manipulate it. I prefer Remingtons because they seems like a more solid shotgun. Not so many jiggling parts and I have never had a failure to feed which happened on my Mossberg three friggin times on Mallards.
It feels like the gun is slipping out of my hand when I use my thumb. It's dumb, I know. It just does. I've never had a failure to feed on either Remington or Mossberg with the exception of some ancient Remington range guns, but they were so dirty that the armorer ended up having to completely break down and soak most of the parts in solvent. The fact that they functioned at all after their abuse was impressive to him.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #417
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 901
Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

G30 or G27!!
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #418
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AFerree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 85
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default

RIA 1911. 18th birthday within a month so I can legally own it.
AFerree is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #419
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thefourthD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 83
Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

Default

S&W Governor.
Don't NEED any more guns so I'm working on my "I don't have one of these" list.
thefourthD is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #420
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

I really want a Governor too! I have access to a 2 1/2" chamber Judge, but I like the Governor better bc it has an extra shot and is already cut for moon clips.
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads