So... What gun are you looking to buy next? - Page 32
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > So... What gun are you looking to buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn79

My wife's dad has one. Ill check but think he's selling it if your interested. He asked if I wanted it but I'm not interested in that behemoth. Too much steel for me. It's extremely accurate but I can't think of any good reason to own it for my own self. It's one of those guns that you should own if u have everything else but IMO its not practical for anything except the occasional shoot out at the sand pit lol. And you better have large hands.
You could always use it for hunting there's lots of people that use big bore handguns for hunting as the primary weapon It would be a lot easier than carrying a rifle around and still has enough knockdown power. . It also depends where you live if you live in the woods with brown bears I don't know Alaska or something moose and you come across them often you may want something a little more powerful for the worst-case scenario.

If I had a full-time job and was three years older (21) I would make him an offer on that

Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #312

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

I would like to get a handgun next Maybe a 1911

Old 08-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #313

Liked 101 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn79 View Post
My wife's dad has one. Ill check but think he's selling it if your interested. He asked if I wanted it but I'm not interested in that behemoth. Too much steel for me. It's extremely accurate but I can't think of any good reason to own it for my own self. It's one of those guns that you should own if u have everything else but IMO its not practical for anything except the occasional shoot out at the sand pit lol. And you better have large hands.
I was thinking about looking at them in the Spring with my tax check,not at the moment. I think I've got everything else I need and a 44 automatic is just something I've always wanted to have.I've never even handled 1 and my hands aren't all that big.I'll just have to look at them and decide then.

NRA Member,NAHC life member,Indiana Rifle/Pistol Assoc. member

Last edited by squirrelhunter; 08-09-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #314
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 597 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 2525

Picked up my 10/22lazer today.
My next purchase will be a Revolver with a laser
A .357.
Don't know what make yet.
Will be awhile,
have to get over the shock of filling out ALL the paper work.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #315

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Shade, check out the S&W Performance Center 327 models. The 327 TRR8 has upper and lower removable picatinny rails and the TR8 has an integral lower rail and a removable top one. Both are 8 shot, cut for moon clips and have excellent trigger jobs. They are on an N frame so they shoot really mildly with .38s.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #316

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Still looking for and XDS but I picked up an SR40c to hold me over till I find one.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

pawjr74 Likes This 
Old 08-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #317

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I'm looking for a small .22 pistol. Beretta 87, 71 come to mind and FEG RL61 would be a plus. Finding any of them is a challenge. A friend of mine picked up an immaculate Beretta 87 this week, and it has inspired me.

3d Infantry Division
"Dogface Soldier"
Beretta 70 Collection
FEG Collection
SKS Fan

Old 08-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #318
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Trying to get an exception for the hunter's two max handgun rule. I could try for the exception (the German feds gave me the OK for an AR), or apply for a competition license. Well anyways, I am looking to buy a 44 mag as a replacement for my HK USP .40 during my night hunts. The freaking Russia boars seem to be getting bigger and scarier every year. The only .44 mag I can purchase is a Taurus.

http://www.frankonia.de/waffen/kurzwaffen/revolver/categorylist.html#f_s_kaliber=.44+Mag.&page=0&last Selected=f_s_kaliber

Anybody have luck with the Taurus?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #319

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
I'm looking for a small .22 pistol. Beretta 87, 71 come to mind and FEG RL61 would be a plus. Finding any of them is a challenge. A friend of mine picked up an immaculate Beretta 87 this week, and it has inspired me.
Ruger SR22 would scratch that itch for you also. Small, light, accurate sights and is not fussy about what you feed it.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #320
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Anybody have luck with the Taurus?
2 handgun limit... My sympathies...

No personal experience with the Taurus wheel guns. But I've heard stories of long, terrible trigger pulls on an otherwise dependable gun.

Always have clean socks.

Jagermeister Likes This