So... What gun are you looking to buy next? - Page 26
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

So... What gun are you looking to buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Q

As someone who has actually owned 4 Kimbers I can tell you these rumors are not true. Between myself and friends we have over 10 Kimbers total. The only gun I've ever seen that had issues was the older version with the external extractor. That gun would not run a magazine without a FTE. It was returned to Kimber who fixed the problem and there was never another issue with that gun. As a matter of fact it was carried on SWAT for many years.

To prove a point I bought a brand new Tactical Entry in January. I've shot nothing but my own lead cast reloads through the gun. I'm up to 1000 rounds without a single malfunction and the gun had never been cleaned or lubed. It is 100% as it came out of the box. My shooting buddy bought a Raptor a few months ago and he is doing the same thing. He's run several hundred lead reloads without a malfunction and without cleaning the gun.

I've owned my Ultra CDP since 2007 and it has yet to malfunction either. It's my daily carry and I trust my life with that gun.

On a side note, my duty issue Glock 22 FTE twice in my last range qualification. In 19 years of LE I've seen and experienced plenty of Glocks that malfunctioned. Is it common? No, but it does happen. With the massive number of guns produced you will always find a few that have problems but this Kimber hate is completely unwarranted.
I agree with Max-Q's statement. I own two Kimbers that have been 100% since day one. I wouldn't trade nor sell them because they are both proven reliable to me with several thousand rounds through each. IMO and experience, you can buy a Kimber with total confidence.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #252
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3383 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13
Not a handgun but wasr ak 47 is what I would like next. My next three guns will be the taurus raging bill 480, Springfield xdm comp 9mm, and one day kimber ultra carry pro.
Some Interesting choices Here cb: I'd get a 5.56 Krinkov pattern AK pistol before anything else on that frame except for the Polish Beryl(Archer) which is also 5.56......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #253

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'm back to wanting another big bore revolver probably 5.5" or longer barrel. S&W or Ruger DAs would be my first choice. A Ruger Super Blackhawk would be a good second option.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #254

Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 175

I think I'm going after a Walther PP, in .32 auto. I'm moving toward old classic pistols, particularly LEO re-treads. Just had my first range session with my "new" Walther P5. It's a sweetie !
Brent
dscn1315jpg.jpg   dscn1316jpg.jpg   dscn1320jpg.jpg  
FEG Collection
SKS Fan

Last edited by bbertram; 07-20-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #255

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

Some Interesting choices Here cb: I'd get a 5.56 Krinkov pattern AK pistol before anything else on that frame except for the Polish Beryl(Archer) which is also 5.56......
Get the wasr. Unless your going to war it's a fun gun. And ammo was relatively cheap haven't bough any in awhile cause the massive stock pile I still have. Mine has seen 2000+ rounds without a hiccup.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #256

Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I recently purchased the kimber ultra carry, no issues with about 200 rounds in it, as some one said before it's a machine needs break in time high costs don't prevent this, the reason I bring this up.

I had actually purchased the sig c3 before the kimber( the day prior) the sig was more expensive, anyways I get the sig home and decide to test the working parts, I load the magazines loaded them, went to rack the slide, nothing, it failed to eject, tried the second mag, same issue, field stripped the gun, cleaned and lubed everything, tried again, failed. Brought it back to the store, ended up with the kimber and some money back.

Now on to the real post, debating between an ar-15 build a new HD shotgun, either a 44mag or smaller summer carry.

Done some research on some of those.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #257

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

My brother just bought an Ultra II. The gun is very pleasant to shoot, even in 45 acp. The 3" barrel doesn't offer much of a sight plane. But no gun you can put in your pocket has a great sight plane. The night sights work well. I have no complaints about the Kimber and I run over 100 rounds through it. There is no telling how many rounds my brother has ran through it.

My brother shot my Charter mag pug not knowing what to expect. He damned near dropped the gun.

I don't really need another gun. I need to buy accessories for the guns I own right now.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #258

Liked 15 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Gotta take a leap and build a Saiga next. I am thinking SBR with side folder

Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram
I think I'm going after a Walther PP, in .32 auto. I'm moving toward old classic pistols. Just had my first range session with my "new" Walther P5. It's a sweetie !
Brent
(Drooling at Pic!!!) Was supposed to go to Prescott today to score His & Hers FEG Walther copies for $200 each....Wife Migraines.....Also was gonna pick up The Catamount Fury II 12Ga. I bought online thats on hold in the same place....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-18-2013 at 11:46 PM.
bbertram Likes This 
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
My brother just bought an Ultra II. The gun is very pleasant to shoot, even in 45 acp. The 3" barrel doesn't offer much of a sight plane. But no gun you can put in your pocket has a great sight plane. The night sights work well. I have no complaints about the Kimber and I run over 100 rounds through it. There is no telling how many rounds my brother has ran through it.

My brother shot my Charter mag pug not knowing what to expect. He damned near dropped the gun.

I don't really need another gun. I need to buy accessories for the guns I own right now.
I'm thinking about the Kimber Ageis II or the CDP both in .9mm...

Newest Threads