So I'm at the range . . . - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > So I'm at the range . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
You ARE lucky!

Even if I owned land here (and had a "primary producer" firearms licence) I still would not be allowed to set up any kind of permanent targets on my land. If a farmer needs to zero his rifles - purely for the purpose of feral animal control, I might add - he may put up an individual, removable target only.

No one may do any type of shooting that extends beyound basic zeroing into any informal 'competition' territory, as certified & registered ROs are not present. So no just having a go against your friends!

Really...you guys don't realise how lucky you are>Cherish & protect those rights!
Come on up and lets shoot! Over 1000 acres to choose from and no one will bother us. As a matter of fact, I will probably go do some shooting a bit later today. Cheers mate!

Last edited by Hunt SD; 05-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #22

Liked 4983 Times on 2413 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

My range allows rapid fire. You just need to inform the Range Office and allow him to observe while you do it. He'll explain before you start that IF all your rounds are on target, you'll be allowed to continue, IF there not on target, you'll be restricted to slow fire.

Seems reasonable and works for me...

TACK

Old 05-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
My range allows rapid fire. You just need to inform the Range Office and allow him to observe while you do it. He'll explain before you start that IF all your rounds are on target, you'll be allowed to continue, IF there not on target, you'll be restricted to slow fire.

That's the way they should all be, sounds reasonable to me as well

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 05-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt SD View Post
Come on up and lets shoot! Over 1000 acres to choose from and no one will bother us. As a matter of fact, I will probably go do some shooting a bit later today. Cheers mate!

Pretty much a definition of heaven, heh. Please, shred some targets for me by all means

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 05-31-2010, 04:37 AM   #25

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

TACK
When you say rapid fire you are referring to quick, successive trigger pulls right, not some yocal with his thumb in his beltloop trying to bump an AR to full auto. Have seen that and it always looks like uncontrolled fire, even worse with a handgun.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-31-2010, 05:25 AM   #26

Liked 4983 Times on 2413 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
When you say rapid fire you are referring to quick, successive trigger pulls right, not some yocal with his thumb in his beltloop trying to bump an AR to full auto. Have seen that and it always looks like uncontrolled fire, even worse with a handgun.
Yes, quick, successive trigger pulls. No Belt loop bump fire.

My son showed me a video of this bump fire stuff on your tube. I told him if he tried it with my guns it would be the last time he shot them.

TACK

Old 05-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Reading all this just makes me realize how fortunate I am to frequent a range that has no safety officers or even (many) other shooters to bother me during my "fun time". There is enough space that everyone usually has their own berm, if not we just show respect to the other shooters.

But of course rapid fire is permitted and encouraged as the purpose of the ranges here are solely for the development of skill, which includes rapid engagement.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Where I shoot indoors, there always seems to be someone next to me firing a cannon. The range doesn't care about rapid fire. .223 rifles are ok. Shotguns are ok as long as you don't shoot bird shot. There is often someone shooting full auto. That doesn't take too long because the range makes them by ammo from the range. It goes fast. I usually just step back and wait until they have their fun. Okay, are you finished making noise? Now I'll shoot.