So I'm at the range . . . - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

So I'm at the range . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 603 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I agree with the others. Range safety trumps my need to practice rapid fire.
amen. some folks don't realize, just because you own it, doesn't mean you know how to use it. just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #12

Default Wish I Had A Range To Go To

Wish I had a range to go to.

I guarantee I wouldn't be a Horse's Backside to the staff.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 05-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 7 Posts

Range rules exist for the same reason most gun stores have signs saying "no loaded firearms" allowed. They aren't really worried about the safety conscious folks with carry permits - they're worried about the idiots. I have seen more than my share of idiots at the ranges I visit...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I won't buy a gun from a store with that sign. They don't want you carrying concealed, but they would sell you a gun in a heartbeat?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #15

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

A private range is someone elses' property.
Abide their wishes as to your conduct while a guest on their premises or leave.

A state range is community property.
Its maintained at the expense of the taxpayer for everyone to enjoy.
The rules are there to ensure that people respect each other and that safety is maintained.
When people dont obey them,by being petty little jerks and not cleaning up after themselves or by being outright dangerous and showing up to shoot when drunk(dont ask)-there is a high likelihood that this kind of range might receive bad publicity because of an accident or might fall short on funding because of maintenance costs and could be shut down.
Please obey the rules on state ranges.

The best alternative,if you'd like to shoot however you damn well please,is to get some land of your own.
That way,you can rapid fire all you want,make all the smart ass comments you want,drunkenly mishandle your guns all you want-and if/when you hurt yourself you have only yourself to blame,no one to sue,and you haven't screwed it up for the rest of us.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 05-27-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4003 Times on 2057 Posts
Likes Given: 493

I handled a call a few years ago where a guy was driving down the road and caught a bullet through the windshield, rear view mirror, out back window, hit tailgate and fell between tailgate and truck bed.

The bullet tumbled and left holes that closely resembled a 7.62 X 39 bullet. Turns out the nearby range pointed directly at a section of the highway. Jackass rapid firing an AK departed just before our arrival. Range owner did not have a range officer on staff and did not have any info on the shooter. Range insurance had to eat that one. Lucky for everyone, no injuries.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #17

Glad I dont have to deal with ranges. Im so glad my family has quite a bit of land to shoot on and shoot what I want and how fast or slow I want. I feel lucky.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #18

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt SD View Post
Glad I dont have to deal with ranges. Im so glad my family has quite a bit of land to shoot on and shoot what I want and how fast or slow I want. I feel lucky.
You are blessed.

As long as you make sure you have a good backstop to protect against any possibility of rounds leaving your property-you can train any way you want to your hearts content.

Aint being American and having property rights a beautiful thing?
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #19

Liked 124 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I won't buy a gun from a store with that sign. They don't want you carrying concealed, but they would sell you a gun in a heartbeat?
There is a gun store up here that if you bring your gun in to get it looked at, they take it from you, put a lock on the trigger, and walk it to the counter, and if you buy a gun, they wont let you touch it after you buy it, they walk it around for you and out the door, kinda blew my mind when i bought a gun there a few weeks ago, i had to wait like 20 mins before someone came to carry my gun to the parking lot, reminded me of wal mart

Old 05-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt SD View Post
You ARE lucky!

Even if I owned land here (and had a "primary producer" firearms licence) I still would not be allowed to set up any kind of permanent targets on my land. If a farmer needs to zero his rifles - purely for the purpose of feral animal control, I might add - he may put up an individual, removable target only.

No one may do any type of shooting that extends beyound basic zeroing into any informal 'competition' territory, as certified & registered ROs are not present. So no just having a go against your friends!

Really...you guys don't realise how lucky you are>Cherish & protect those rights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D